mIRC Homepage
Posted By: mssoad specific channel question.. - 04/07/03 03:48 PM
i've heard there's a channel for gamers. And in this channel, u can download games off eachother and whatnot. Is this true? If so, how can i get there? i've tried finding it, but i can't even really connect to anything.
Posted By: Unit649 Re: specific channel question.. - 04/07/03 03:58 PM
I wouldn't expect assistance with downloading pirated software on this Message Board.
Posted By: codemastr Re: specific channel question.. - 04/07/03 04:13 PM
email wanted@fbi.gov. Include your name and address and a statement of the fact that you enjoy copyright infringment.
Posted By: mssoad Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 02:55 AM
Hey, it happens.
Posted By: codemastr Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 03:28 AM
So does murder, doesn't mean if I see some guy shoot someone in the head that I'm just gonna say "it happens" and walk away.
Posted By: Raccoon Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 03:29 AM
Happy 1500th.
* Raccoon was waiting to see who'd get it first.
Posted By: Strider Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 03:32 AM
Hmm, I wonder if he's at GrimZ's former posting level now...
Posted By: codemastr Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 03:37 AM
What ever happened to him? He sorta disappeared off the face of the earth.
Posted By: Strider Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 03:53 AM
I have no idea.
Posted By: Watchdog Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 10:55 AM
No, Grimz had 3200 when the old forum died, codemastr and Parabrat and me are only just catching up now,not that it's really a race of course, but sooner or later someone is gunna get ahead, it's a by-product of being a supporter of this forum.
Posted By: pheonix Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 10:57 AM
what was his title shocked
Posted By: Watchdog Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 11:06 AM
Carpal Tunnel or something like that - the highest one anyway.
Posted By: pheonix Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 11:10 AM
[useless post deleted by moderator]
Posted By: Poppy Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 11:13 AM
How proud you must be.
Posted By: pheonix Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 11:17 AM
[useless post deleted by moderator]
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 01:39 PM
Started a hosting company, changed his IRC nick. Generally distanced himself from mIRC scripting after he stopped coding ScriptaZ. Just got tired of the hassle it brought I guess.
Posted By: KingTomato Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 03:05 PM
mIRC? A Hassle? Nah.... grin
Posted By: pheonix Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 03:08 PM
its annoying sometimes though.....
e.g your trying to something for 6 months only to find out it cant be done mad
Posted By: KingTomato Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 03:14 PM
Umm...

* KingTomato bites his tongue while remembers what momma used to say "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it."

BTW para, i missed a whole week so..

* KingTomato gives ParaBrat 10 PB Cookies.

There, down to 4386 left >:D
Posted By: pheonix Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 03:17 PM
useless post deleted by moderator
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 06:14 PM
KT: *chomp* and i was about to add interest to your debt

pheonix: its not the quantity, its the quality

Posted By: pheonix Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 06:16 PM
hmm?
Posted By: Watchdog Re: specific channel question.. - 05/07/03 07:51 PM
Parabrat is right. As an example we had a forum flooder here once. Probably just after Christmas and he got an impressive 80 (approx) posts in one day, however since all his posts where just jibberish they contributed nothing to the value of this forum. There are other occasions where people just come to flame mIRC or flame people who are law-abiding, etc and once again, their contribution means little.
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: specific channel question.. - 06/07/03 01:32 AM
And yet another useless post. Its painfully obvious that as usual you are just posting to increase your count, but on the off chance that the meaning of my post escaped you:

We have many ppl here who spend a great deal of time giving valuable, accurate and useful help. If they dont know an answer, they find it or suggest where the user can look. On the rare occasions they make an educated guess regarding an issue, they clearly state it is a possibility and their reasoning. On the very rare occasions they are shown to be mistaken, they learn from it. They dont do this to satsify some inexplicable need to see a big number by their nick. They are not their post count. They help because that is what they do and they pride themselves on the value of their posts, not the number of them. That is quality. I dont need to give examples of such users, everyone knows who they are.

On the other hand, we have the occasional person who feels driven to post nonsense, inaccurate answers as gospel, echo what others have said and waste everyone's time. All this just to see a larger number by their nick. They seek quantity as opposed to quality, a genuine desire to help others is sadly lacking. This justifiably annoys those who are subjected to it. The post count is not an indicator of the quality of help given. You are a classic example of this type of person and i refer you to http://rog.qxxy.com/gallery/misc/youarenot.gif

Note: just so no one misunderstands, I am not referring to the occasional offthread or humorous comment, i refer to dozens and dozens of posts by any one person that are totally without merit.

(to anyone who finds that link offensive, my apologies, but it is simply too appropos to resist)
Posted By: pheonix Re: specific channel question.. - 06/07/03 06:40 PM
you replied to me, and i didnt understand, so why give me a massive flaming for typing hmm?, thats just ignorant, if someone replies to me and i dont know what it means at 1st, then obviously i will ask, so instead of typing all that(and the pmsg) you could of simply said: the quantity of your posts is huge, but the quality is poor.then i would of understood.
© mIRC Discussion Forums