mIRC Homepage
Posted By: kupotek mirc channel list - 01/07/03 04:11 PM
How do I go about ap[plying to get a channel put into mirc's default channel list?
Posted By: codemastr Re: mirc channel list - 01/07/03 04:42 PM
Simple... you can't. Khaled has said he has no intention to add any new channels to the list.
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: mirc channel list - 01/07/03 06:49 PM
Khaled addresses this in his FAQ look close to the end. He doesnt often add new channels and then only ones that he personally knows and chooses for his own reasons. Therefore, there is no application process to request to be added.
Posted By: comet Re: mirc channel list - 04/03/04 02:10 PM
As far as i know @IRCnet channel list is really really outdated.
Thats something that should be changed, since for example there is #window95 in the default list..but what for? Its just another 'lets make things harder for newbies' stuff...i dont think that channels with 2-3 idle bots should be kept in the default list...I say it as an operator in 5 of default-list [email]channels@ircnet.[/email] I would like to ask Khaled to update the list but he didnt reply to my mail :tongue:
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: mirc channel list - 04/03/04 06:20 PM
Do you mean the channels listed under "favorites"? That list isnt done by specific network. Some of the ones listed may be active on some networks, and not exist on others. The channel you listed in your example does happen to be active and a good resource on at least one network that i'm aware of.
Posted By: Mentality Re: mirc channel list - 04/03/04 06:27 PM
Note: The #windows95 channel on DALnet is very active and is a recommended DALnet help channel.

Second note: Khaled is not always able to reply to emails, but he does read them ALL. As you can imagine he gets inundated with them and has a real life too, so it's not humanly possible to reply to them all!

Regards,
Posted By: comet Re: mirc channel list - 05/03/04 12:45 AM
okido now i get it smile

thanks for your help :P

maybe in the future there will be some network specific channel list...accoring to my hopes smile
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: mirc channel list - 05/03/04 08:25 PM
yep, thats the network i meant Mentality smile

altho, it was announced that #windows95 has decided to step down from being an official DALnet recommended help channel. They still exist, will still help, just wont be under the the supervision of the Help Committee any longer. i'm sure they will continue to be a good resource for help with any windows OS, not just win95, as they have been for many years.

comet: considering how many networks there are, i think it would be about impossible for the author to have a separate channel list for each network. To try to figure what channels are where and which ones could be recommended and then keep up with them all would be a nightmare. Nice that we can each edit our own list smile
Posted By: Raccoon Re: mirc channel list - 05/03/04 08:39 PM
I rather like the idea, and think Khaled should charge channel ops a fee to be listed. The more they pay, the higher their channel appears in the channel list. The installer would have a checkbox, [x] Add new Preferred Channels to your Favorites. wink
© mIRC Discussion Forums