mIRC Homepage
Posted By: wist BUG in Firewall Option - 27/12/02 09:48 PM
Can anyone please tell me why do mIRC 6.03 (the latest version) on the firewall options doesn't give us much choice: Use firewall or Use Firewall or if we prefer even, Use Firewall !!

What If i don't want to use a firewall? What am i supopsed do? Where did the "Use firewal" option from previous versions go???

And now that i want and need a previous version (which has that option), where am i gonna get it? Mirc.com doesn't have previous versions available.. Use the latest or choose another irc client......... pfff

Someone please tell Khaled to correct this. Thank you very much. :tongue:
Posted By: Hammer Re: BUG in Firewall Option - 27/12/02 09:57 PM
The firewall option is located in File / Options (Alt-O) / Connect / Firewall. Help can be found regarding this option by typing /help Firewall in any window. Older versions can be found at this site.
Posted By: wist Re: BUG in Firewall Option - 27/12/02 10:06 PM
Ok Hammer, thank you for the archive page i didn't notice before.
But about the firewall, did you read carefully what i wrote? Once you use a firewall there is no option to stop using it! Check it yourself (latest version 6.03)

Posted By: Karen Re: BUG in Firewall Option - 27/12/02 10:09 PM
Sure there is:

Firewall support [None]
Posted By: Hammer Re: BUG in Firewall Option - 27/12/02 10:11 PM
Yes, I did read it carefully. You will, however, notice that the very first option under Firewall Support is "None"...that would seem to indicate that you can choose it to not use it if you so chose. You could also clear out all the other editboxes below it to not use the firewall at all.
Posted By: wist Re: BUG in Firewall Option - 27/12/02 10:26 PM
It is ? Why can't i see it?

Posted By: Nimue Re: BUG in Firewall Option - 27/12/02 10:31 PM
Use the "up" cursor key smile
Posted By: wist Re: BUG in Firewall Option - 27/12/02 10:36 PM
O M G ..... laugh
1st i thought you were kidding me but then i tried the up cursor key and magically the NONE appeard AHAHaha!
Thanks! Nice tip (LOL)

Posted By: codemastr Re: BUG in Firewall Option - 27/12/02 10:37 PM
It's there for me...
Posted By: Nimue Re: BUG in Firewall Option - 27/12/02 10:40 PM
You're welcome smile
You're not the first to have that problem. :tongue:
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: BUG in Firewall Option - 29/12/02 08:28 PM
depends on your OS, some see it, some dont and have to use the up/down arrows
© mIRC Discussion Forums