mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Tigger11207 yo how do you add more channels to mirc? - 04/05/03 02:29 AM
yo I wanted to know how to add more channels to mirc can please anybody tell me step from step how to add more channels confused
Well I'm not really sure what you mean by add more channels but three things come to mind.

If you are talking about joining more than 10 channels, most networks limit you to about 10 channels, there is really nothing you can do about this other than open another connection to the server (note: this might get you banned from the server for cloning)

If you mean add to the channels folder, when the window pops up, click the "Add" button, then enter the information for the channel you would like to add.

If you mean getting it so your channel is listed in the channels folder for everyone who uses mIRC, Khaled has made it very clear that he does not intend to add more channels to the channel folder.
Click the third button from the left in the toolbar and a dialogue with your channel list will appear. Click the "Add" button and enter the appopriate details, EG: Channel name, a key (if needed) and brief description of the channel (optional) then click "OK". This is just the previous answer in more detail.

Channel added. Just press "Add" again and repeat the process if you want to add more.

Some networks let you join one and all channels consecutively while others have limits anywhere from 25 down to 5 channels that you can be on at once. The limit is usually in place to avoid flood-kills each time a connection retries.
Posted By: pheonix Re: yo how do you add more channels to mirc? - 07/05/03 11:36 AM
if you want to add more channels to mirc other than irc channels then you can build a custom connection after you have registered to connect to other networks e.g msn chat
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: yo how do you add more channels to mirc? - 07/05/03 05:19 PM
ok u do not have to build any custom connections if u want to connect to multiple servers all u have to do is type /server -m irc.secondserver.name

why do u insist on giving out help based on msn ..... which mirc has been banned from connecting too. your not helping anyone with all those incorrect help suggestions
© mIRC Discussion Forums