mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Joe_Dean Text Editor w/ syntax highlighting - 07/12/08 03:04 PM
Anyone know of a text editor that supports mIRC syntax highlighting? The only thing I've seen is mEdit, but I want a 3rd party standalone editor instead of a mIRC addon.
Posted By: Jigsy Re: Text Editor w/ syntax highlighting - 07/12/08 06:11 PM
By mEdit do you mean this?
Posted By: argv0 Re: Text Editor w/ syntax highlighting - 07/12/08 08:46 PM
He meant this, but mEditor is indeed the standalone editor
Posted By: MTec007 Re: Text Editor w/ syntax highlighting - 07/12/08 09:56 PM
I would simply love to have a highlighting plugin for PSPAD to highlight my mIRC scripts, since we are on the subject.
Posted By: Joe_Dean Re: Text Editor w/ syntax highlighting - 08/12/08 01:55 AM
Originally Posted By: argv0
He meant this, but mEditor is indeed the standalone editor

No, both mEdit's are mIRC addons. I want a standalone editor like Notepad2, Notepad++, etc. (a program itself)

I currently use Notepad2 and I contacted the developer and asked if they could add syntax highlights for mIRC, but he can't add them and I have no clue how to add them. :P
Posted By: Joe_Dean Re: Text Editor w/ syntax highlighting - 08/12/08 01:58 AM
Ah, sorry. I was mistaken about the second mEdit - it is the standalone editor. A bit ugly though. :P
Posted By: Joe_Dean Re: Text Editor w/ syntax highlighting - 08/12/08 02:06 AM
Sorry to triple post, but I took a second look at Notepad++, and unlike most editors, it has an easy-to-use user-defined system for adding new syntax schemes (so you don't have to edit the sources).

I'm going to start creating it tonight. If it's "packageable", I'll attach it if you guys want it for your Notepad++.

EDIT: It isn't as accurate as it could be. There's also not much that can be colored - you can really only have like 4 different colors (you add words or symbols to a textbox in 1 of the 4 groups and assign it a color).

Meh, I'll just hope someone makes one someday. :P
Posted By: Brax Re: Text Editor w/ syntax highlighting - 08/12/08 03:04 AM
Im using Editplus for my coding needs.
Supports Syntax highlighting, code folding, auto indent etc...
Under User files section they have also files to highlight/autocomplete mIRC syntax.
Posted By: billythekid Re: Text Editor w/ syntax highlighting - 11/12/08 08:30 PM
i use textpad
© mIRC Discussion Forums