mIRC Homepage
Posted By: The_JD If I wrote mIRC, I would add/change... - 12/02/08 01:01 PM
I know this isnt the feature request section, But if you were Khaled, what would be the next thing you would add/change ?

Why am I asking? Just curious.
Posted By: 5arah Re: If I wrote mIRC, I would add/change.... - 12/02/08 01:22 PM
hi JD, Happy Birthday smile
Posted By: The_JD Re: If I wrote mIRC, I would add/change.... - 12/02/08 02:02 PM
Thanks! lol
Posted By: 5arah Re: If I wrote mIRC, I would add/change.... - 12/02/08 02:06 PM
you're welcome :P
Posted By: swarfega Re: If I wrote mIRC, I would add/change.... - 12/02/08 05:03 PM
Id have per server identities, so you could have a username, ident, and list of channels to join and commands to perform per server.
I would probably put more options on the nick list.

As far as I know, you can't do anything to the nick list except change the color and font and width. Everytime I see a screenshot with a different nick list, there's always a dll behind it.

And then I'd probably make a command to control the nick list. Such as putting them in alphabetical order regardless of access. Or by using a $gettok() from the server via /names to list them in order from most recently joined and not. Then I'd know who's in the channel the longest.

The only way I see a list of that is my own /remainingusers alias. Or simply type /names #<Name of Channel>.

-Neal.
Posted By: argv0 Re: If I wrote mIRC, I would add/change.... - 15/02/08 08:09 PM
i second per server identities

this is about the only non scriptable - non dll'able functionality that mIRC lacks.

Posted By: Riamus2 Re: If I wrote mIRC, I would add/change... - 15/02/08 09:48 PM
Although it's available via DLL (DCX or MDX), I'd love to have more control over the displays in dialogs (colors/fonts/etc).
Posted By: The_JD Re: If I wrote mIRC, I would add/change.... - 16/02/08 03:22 PM
Originally Posted By: argv0
i second per server identities

this is about the only non scriptable - non dll'able functionality that mIRC lacks.

Im sure i've scripted that before.

EDIT: This is my 200th post! Im now an enthusiast!
© mIRC Discussion Forums