mIRC Homepage
Posted By: laxxer cluncking noise - 18/02/07 12:56 AM
I have a 85 cj-7 when I back up i hear a cluncking noise, does anyone know what it maybe. I am a newbaby to the jeep community but a long time fan. Oh it is a 5 speed manual.

Laxxer
Posted By: RoCk Re: cluncking noise - 18/02/07 12:58 AM
too funny
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: cluncking noise - 18/02/07 01:46 AM
I'm curious what that has to do with mIRC. confused

Beyond that, if it makes clunking noises while backing up, you might as well get rid of it because you'll spend a lot of money to fix it.
Posted By: bwr30060 Re: cluncking noise - 18/02/07 03:45 AM
Code:
/me buys a new car!
Posted By: genius_at_work Re: cluncking noise - 18/02/07 06:07 PM
It sounds like your harddrive may have a bad magnetic inductor. It's causing the armature to move too far one direction and slam into the casing.

However, you say it only happens when you backup your files? It could be that your backup software has a serious bug in its program with is somehow causing the HD armature to try to access areas of the platters which don't exist.

:P

-genius_at_work
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: cluncking noise - 18/02/07 10:39 PM
You *do* know he wasn't talking about a hard drive, right?
Posted By: Jigsy Re: cluncking noise - 18/02/07 10:56 PM
It could be your transmission?
Posted By: bwr30060 Re: cluncking noise - 18/02/07 11:02 PM
...Or a problem you REALLY should see a doctor about! grin
Posted By: drc4 Re: cluncking noise - 22/02/07 03:52 AM
lol, How do you get "jeep community" out of "mirc"? This leaves me... have you been drinking?
Posted By: Astro Re: cluncking noise - 11/03/07 02:24 PM
lol wtf! -edit-
Posted By: NoZparker Re: cluncking noise - 01/04/07 12:12 PM
The 85 cj-7 was originally fitted to a jeep in the year 1410. one of the first i might add. The clunking noise is probably some screws have come loose and your losing your marbles. The marbles are critical for correct functioning. The 5 speed manual has since been replaced by a one speed auto, much better as you can now read text at your own speed whilst driving the jeep. However laws now require you to pullover whilst operating the 85 cj-7, as it is considered dangerous to surf nets whilst not concentrating properly. and besides you need to drop a fibre optic into a toilet in order to get started ( the jeep that is ).
please see http://www.google.com/tisp/faq.html for further details on toilet connections.
© mIRC Discussion Forums