mIRC Homepage
Posted By: DAT ICR Feed to Web Site? - 09/05/06 11:19 PM
Is this possiable? confused

Im new to IRC and was see if there was a way to have your channel or a bot feed to your web site and have visitors veiw on your web site.

Thanks for the responce. grin
Posted By: Rounin Re: ICR Feed to Web Site? - 10/05/06 12:28 AM
This is doable for instance with a Java applett like "pjirc", or via a CGI-IRC script. The Java applet might be easiest.
Posted By: Mpdreamz Re: ICR Feed to Web Site? - 10/05/06 07:48 AM
I would only suggest this if you run your own webserver as then you can skip the uploading part and just script an on *:TEXT: to write to a .txt file like so
<mIRC>$timestamp $+(<,$nick,>) $1-</mirc>

Then on your website you can either just make the user refresh manually and load the maximum lines you want to see in a div using document.getElementsByTagName('mIRC') to reference to all the lines. Reason to do it this way is that you can parse and format the lines properly as suppose to doing it when you /write since this has a 950 or so character limit.

Best method would be to use the getElementsByTagName in conjunction with Javascript timers and XMLHTTP requests to your .txt file and only load in the new lines without page refreshes.

As always im just rambling on and spitting idea's but this is very plausible.
Posted By: DAT Re: ICR Feed to Web Site? - 10/05/06 07:30 PM
Thanks for replies. smirk

So if I got you right, there is no set program out there now, I would have to peice it together myself, correct?

Im clueless when it comes to this, sry. confused

Would any1 be will to help me with this?
wink
Posted By: Doqnach Re: ICR Feed to Web Site? - 11/05/06 08:48 AM
PJIRC is a website IRC client, use that.

it's ready made so you only would have to follow the instructions on how to install it.
Posted By: DAT Re: ICR Feed to Web Site? - 12/05/06 08:46 PM
Thanks Doqnach smile

This is great. wink

Now I just have to figure out how to get the Undefined Strings fixed. smile
Posted By: Mardeg Re: ICR Feed to Web Site? - 10/06/06 05:59 AM
If all you're after is just making the chat viewable on a page, then that's been done by the makers of the Firefox extension peekko:

http://peekko.com/chat/Add+Chat+Window.html

Adapting it for your own channel may depend on whether you just want to use your site's channel on their server or not.
© mIRC Discussion Forums