mIRC Homepage
Posted By: TammyG Can't see IP's now - 27/03/06 05:56 AM
Hi maybe someone here can help me. I used to be able to see the IP's of people when they send me a file example

[12:40:41:am] -Tammy- DCC Send 3 Doors Down - Seventeen Days - 06 - The Real Life.mp3 (24.150.228.***) I removed last 3 digits

But problem is sinse I got my new computer I am not able to see them now. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I'm running mirc 6.16
Posted By: RusselB Re: Can't see IP's now - 27/03/06 06:33 AM
Normally only IRCops can see a person's true IP, unless the person that has that IP sends it along. The fact that you can't see it any longer may simply mean that the server isn't sending that information any longer. The fact that you're using mIRC 6.16 is irrelevant.
Posted By: DaveC Re: Can't see IP's now - 27/03/06 07:42 AM
Off the top of my head, that is a notice, that is sent by the sender of the file just prior to them sending the file.
So you likely have turned off showing notices in active channel alt-o/irc/show in active:[notices]

you can also however actually tap the DCC send message itself for the IP (which might be different from the notice (can happen but not often))
alt-r/file/new/enter following line
CTCP *:DCC SEND*:?:{ echo -at ATTENTION: $nick is sending you a file called $nopath($filename) from $longip($getok($1-,-3,32)) ip. }
Posted By: mIRCManiac Re: Can't see IP's now - 27/03/06 12:37 PM
I think even with showing notices in active, the DCC Send & Chat
notices will still show only in status. Fserve, which is a later
addition shows in active or status, following the setting. I always
thought that should have been changed to behave like the
Send and Chat notices do.
Posted By: TammyG Re: Can't see IP's now - 27/03/06 07:07 PM
My other mirc do show the Ip when I am getting a dcc file Just this mirc isn't and no clue why it stopped
I did CTCP *:DCC SEND*:?:{ echo -at ATTENTION: $nick is sending you a file called $nopath($filename) from $longip($getok($1-,-3,32)) ip. }
and got [02:06:45:pm] ATTENTION: Uno_Me is sending you a file called 3_Doors_Down_-_The_Better_Life_-_201_-_Loser_(live).mp3 from ip.
Still won't show ip
I have no idea how to fix this please help
Posted By: DaveC Re: Can't see IP's now - 28/03/06 02:51 AM
Quote:
I think even with showing notices in active, the DCC Send & Chat notices will still show only in status.

hmmm your right, i just never noticed it. frown
Posted By: DaveC Re: Can't see IP's now - 28/03/06 02:53 AM
No idea why that didnt work, maybe the dcc send is corrupt, try this then report what info is returned.

CTCP *:DCC SEND*:?:{ echo -at ATTENTION: $nick is sending you a file called $nopath($filename) from $longip($getok($1-,-3,32)) ip. ... RAWDATA $1- }
Posted By: The_JD Re: Can't see IP's now - 28/03/06 02:08 PM
Just a small idea... Try the first one, But instead of $getok, try using $gettok - The funny thing is everyone after that used $getok, maybe we should ask Khalid to change the identifer name? lmao, Sorry, I just think its a lil funny, But yeh, give it a go smirk

(I'm not tryna be an ass)
Posted By: anss Re: Can't see IP's now - 28/03/06 02:52 PM
good eye grin
Posted By: mIRCManiac Re: Can't see IP's now - 28/03/06 03:03 PM
lol Dave must've been drinkin' again shocked
Posted By: DaveC Re: Can't see IP's now - 29/03/06 12:34 AM
I'ss nots beenss dinking slots anz mores!

lol i looked at it like for 30 seconds even compared it to my one i use, read mine it said ($1-,-3,32) so i was like, well all looks right to me. didnt erven notice the missing t frown
Posted By: TammyG Re: Can't see IP's now - 29/03/06 06:36 AM
[01:34:20:am] ATTENTION: Uno_Me is sending you a file called 3_Doors_Down_-_05_-_Away_From_The_Sun_-_Running_Out_Of_Days.mp3 from 24.150.228.252 ip. ... RAWDATA DCC SEND 3_Doors_Down_-_05_-_Away_From_The_Sun_-_Running_Out_Of_Days.mp3 412542204 1024 3379200

It worked when I checked it to gettok thank you very much for all your help
Posted By: TammyG Re: Can't see IP's now - 29/03/06 06:44 AM
is there a way to make the notice go to status window only?
Posted By: anss Re: Can't see IP's now - 29/03/06 10:51 AM
replace

echo -at

with

echo -s
Posted By: TammyG Re: Can't see IP's now - 29/03/06 06:12 PM
Thank you do much everyone. It worked like a charm.
Posted By: TammyG Re: Can't see IP's now - 29/03/06 07:14 PM
ATTENTION: Uno_Me is sending you a file called 25_Greatest_Rock_'n_Roll_Hits_-_Vol._2_-_04_-_Chuck_Berry_-_Sweet_Little_Sixteen.mp3 from 24.150.228.252 ip. ... RAWDATA DCC SEND 25_Greatest_Rock_'n_Roll_Hits_-_Vol._2_-_04_-_Chuck_Berry_-_Sweet_Little_Sixteen.mp3 412542204 1027 2874681

Did i do something wrong? it's telling me the info twice sorta giving song name or file name twice
Posted By: DaveC Re: Can't see IP's now - 30/03/06 01:01 AM
thats becuase your using the second script i told you to use
this was becuase I couldnt see the mistake in the first one, so i had it dumping the rawdata as well as a nicely formated one, i expected with seeing the raw data i would have spotted what was wrong, it was however a simple typo in missing the t in gettok, so with that said, you simply needed to return to the first script and repear the getok to gettok, also since i see you wanted the status window, so this should do ya

CTCP *:DCC SEND*:?:{ echo -st ATTENTION: $nick is sending you a file called $nopath($filename) from $longip($gettok($1-,-3,32)) ip. }

PS: if u dont want the time inclused then change "echo -st" to "echo -s" in the above.
Posted By: TammyG Re: Can't see IP's now - 30/03/06 08:37 PM
thank you for all your help
© mIRC Discussion Forums