mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Paul153426 IRC clients - 27/01/06 12:38 PM
does anyone know on how to make a irc client that is like mIRC??????
Posted By: genius_at_work Re: IRC clients - 27/01/06 02:39 PM
lol.. grin

-genius_at_work
Posted By: hixxy Re: IRC clients - 27/01/06 02:43 PM
Alot of time and effort.
You'll need a very decent understanding of at least one programming language.
You'll need to know several protocols, algorithms and other concepts.
Posted By: Paul153426 Re: IRC clients - 27/01/06 02:46 PM
i'm screwed lol :P
Posted By: FiberOPtics Re: IRC clients - 27/01/06 02:48 PM
Well here's a thought...why not use mIRC, since you want to build one that is like mIRC!!!

If you want to make some changes, you can customize mIRC, or use DLL's to customize it even more. Saves you the trouble of creating an IRC client from scratch.

Just a thought...
Posted By: hixxy Re: IRC clients - 27/01/06 02:48 PM
Not if you're willing to learn. You have to start somewhere.
Posted By: ClickHeRe Re: IRC clients - 27/01/06 02:50 PM
Building an IRC client isn't that demanding provided you have understanding in a language that can do it like C/C++.

Building a scripting language inside the client is another topic much more advanced than just fidling with sockets to print out data to a window.
Posted By: hixxy Re: IRC clients - 27/01/06 03:05 PM
His question could be interpreted in two ways I suppose;

1) How can I build an IRC client like mIRC? (No emphasis on "like", meaning he just wants to build an IRC client.)

2) How can I build an IRC client like mIRC? (Emphasis on "like", meaning he wants to build an IRC client with features similar to mIRC.)
Posted By: DaveC Re: IRC clients - 27/01/06 11:04 PM
actually he said "does anyone know on how to make a irc client that is like mIRC?????? "

so i say "on" a PC or even a MAC, well any computer i guess, would be the ON bit. How is more like "if u dont know how, dont try", aka "if u dont know how to change a fuel pump, then dont try to change the one in the porsha"
Posted By: gennathcacston Re: IRC clients - 04/02/06 07:26 AM
Paul153426, don’t you think these guys took your statement a bit too far? lol smirk
© mIRC Discussion Forums