mIRC Homepage
Posted By: raZOR Vista? - 21/01/06 12:09 AM
if $os for now are 95, 98, NT, ME, 2K, XP
will vista be "vista" or different?
Posted By: RusselB Re: Vista? - 21/01/06 04:48 PM
Vista is the working name for the next version of Windows.
No one knows what the final name will be until shortly before it's official release, usually not more than a month in advance.
Posted By: Saribro Re: Vista? - 01/02/06 02:57 PM
Quote:
Vista is the working name for the next version of Windows.
No one knows what the final name will be until shortly before it's official release, usually not more than a month in advance.

Actually, Vista IS the official name. Longhorn was/is the working name.
Posted By: Stealth Re: Vista? - 04/02/06 03:16 AM
I thought they were just gonna call it 2005
Posted By: MikeChat Re: Vista? - 04/02/06 04:54 AM
I don't see how they can justify a new OS, they haven't finished debugging XP yet.....
Posted By: gennathcacston Re: Vista? - 04/02/06 07:00 AM
Well, personally, if you consider Microsoft’s new drive around the “Live” name, maybe the new version will be called “Microsoft Windows Live”. I’m already using Messenger Live. If you look at The Live Website and The Live Ideas Website, you’ll see a pattern forming… personally I’m already tired for the friggin word! lol smirk
Posted By: raZOR Re: Vista? - 04/02/06 08:58 AM
xp is 5 years old....

i look forward to vista, only crap is that it needs high performance pc which i dont have :tongue:
Posted By: DaveC Re: Vista? - 04/02/06 11:35 AM
just turn off all the services you dont need running.

I remeber when i first changed from 2000 to xp, i was like, man why am i using twice the processor and 150% ram from what i used too, then i looked at all the services running and went OMG.
Posted By: raZOR Re: Vista? - 04/02/06 06:43 PM
yeah i know =)
i turned them off, now XP takes 90 MB hehe
i'll just wait for some people "hack" it, so i can find
full descriptions on google what services are needed and what not... but installation OMG its 2.5 GB !
Posted By: gennathcacston Re: Vista? - 05/02/06 09:07 AM
Hey, you have that link for google? (Don't you dare say www.google.com :tongue: )
© mIRC Discussion Forums