mIRC Homepage
Posted By: nfield38 UOp - 15/01/06 11:03 PM
What does this mean? I know about SOP and AOP, but not UOP. What is this?
Posted By: MikeChat Re: UOp - 16/01/06 02:14 AM
With some channel services I know SOP (Super OP) Which persons having that designation have the highest channel authority under the channel Owner. They can usually Add AOP as well as set channel modes (if there are no channel services rules over riding the mode) give voice, give regular(Temporary) op status, and can issue bans and kick miscreants.
AOP is Auto OP, and can usually voice, give regular(Temporary) op status, and can issue bans and kick miscreants. On most Services I have seen they can also change channel modes (if there are no channel services rules over riding the mode) .
I have no idea what UOp is.
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: UOp - 16/01/06 03:14 AM
Quote:
UOPs or above may use LIST. UOPs will be moded +u when they join the room. They will be able to receive memos sent to that room, as well as be able to enter even if the room is restricted. UOPs can use count, why, acc, access and see the room's lists.
Posted By: MikeChat Re: UOp - 16/01/06 05:55 PM
curious, which IRCd or channel service is that?
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: UOp - 16/01/06 06:42 PM
it's WebChat .. dunno exactly what they use
Posted By: raZOR Re: UOp - 16/01/06 06:45 PM
conference room
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: UOp - 16/01/06 06:53 PM
I remember seeing that somewhere blush
Posted By: LostShadow Re: UOp - 28/01/06 12:33 AM
ConferenceRoom, or WebMaster inc. (conferenceroom or webmaster.com).

Their current channel hierarchy is:

Founder > MGR > SOp > AOp > VOp (+) > Uop (-).

Rest are @'s.

What happened was, they got rid of "channel passwords" which allowed peons to take over the channel. Therefore, channel managers are equivalent to those that knew the channel password except they cannot override the founder. They can add/del each other, but SOps cannot add/del SOps.

UOp stands for user operator.
© mIRC Discussion Forums