mIRC Homepage
Posted By: bruno2 A question for someone - 30/12/04 06:43 PM
Isn't it illegal for someone to add a backdoor trojan to a mirc script and make it avaible to the public. If so please link me to info on the subject..thanks a lot
Posted By: Danthemandoo Re: A question for someone - 30/12/04 06:59 PM
remote access/entry to someones computer without their permission and knowledge is illegal.
Posted By: bruno2 Re: A question for someone - 30/12/04 07:08 PM
thanks dan, do you know of a link i can use as per laws i can quote to this guy and his isp provider?
again thanks
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: A question for someone - 30/12/04 07:29 PM
It depends on what country the person is in, what country the server he's distributing the script from is in, and whether the script can be proven to have malicious intentions (a program which simply gives remote access to another computer is not necessarily illegal in and of itself).
Posted By: bruno2 Re: A question for someone - 30/12/04 07:53 PM
thanks starbucks
Posted By: nalAAlan Re: A question for someone - 31/12/04 03:23 AM
crimes on the internet are a big deal guys
Posted By: CTravelist Re: A question for someone - 31/12/04 04:36 PM
Yes it is.
And are traceable by to the computer's origin.
Posted By: Watchdog Re: A question for someone - 03/01/05 07:56 AM
I've known of people that have done that. My solution is to let people know about it either by posting a warning on my website about it or asking someone else to do the same on my behalf, that being someone that I know would be willing to do so.

People generally respond favourably to such postings if they are to the point and factual rather than being of a more petty or insulting nature. Having the information on a site that people generally trust helps too.
© mIRC Discussion Forums