mIRC Homepage
Posted By: thing web irc - 14/12/04 02:17 PM
hello

is there any web basd internet relay chat client that does not require java?

is there any other way to use a web based internet relay chat without installing java from sun?

thanks
Posted By: LostServ Re: web irc - 14/12/04 03:15 PM
There might be some php ones, not sure though. google is your friend.
Posted By: thing Re: web irc - 14/12/04 04:25 PM
thanks for the reply!

i did already search google but didn't find anything

anyone knows?
Posted By: MTec89 Re: web irc - 14/12/04 09:06 PM
try flash mx 2004, they have some new features i think irc is now possible dont know..
Posted By: thing Re: web irc - 14/12/04 09:15 PM
thanks!

wont do it, the point is that im looking for a web based that does not requiere any other plug-in or extension to work in mozilla firefox, i know that flash is easy to install and the same goes to java but i need something that doesnt require an extension
Posted By: MTec89 Re: web irc - 14/12/04 09:20 PM
tellin ya now a php irc client will suck ass if you find one, but ok.. there is a Serverside PHP IRC plugin look for that on google
Posted By: thing Re: web irc - 15/12/04 09:49 AM
thanks for your replays!

i am not trying to build a webpage with a internet relay chat client, i just want to use a web based client without having to install java from sun! is there any way?

thanks!
Posted By: Armada Re: web irc - 15/12/04 10:30 AM
No, php would be the only other way which is extremly slow
Posted By: thing Re: web irc - 15/12/04 12:29 PM
it's funny that we have web based versions of msn and icq that don't use java...

i wanted to find a web based client that could be used with a proxy like http://www.the-cloak.com and avoid problems in internet relay chat networks when someone can get your ip number, etc... i know there are other solutions... but... i wanted to keep it simple
Posted By: Armada Re: web irc - 15/12/04 12:52 PM
cgi:irc most servers wont allow that tho is exacty what you want
Posted By: thing Re: web irc - 15/12/04 03:01 PM
thank you once more

the problem is t hat the cgi:irc websites that i found don't allow me to choose a server, is there where i can choose what server to use?

thank you
Posted By: tontito Re: web irc - 15/12/04 03:37 PM
uhmm seems a interesting thing to do in my web server...
Thanks for the idea smile
Posted By: thing Re: web irc - 15/12/04 08:39 PM
but is there any website with a cgi:irc client that lets me choose what server to connect?
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: web irc - 15/12/04 08:49 PM
PHP is not the only other way. Any programming language could make use of the same method.
Posted By: tontito Re: web irc - 15/12/04 08:54 PM
donno, but the way things go, there will be one next weekend smile
Posted By: thing Re: web irc - 16/12/04 08:57 PM
hehe im still trying to find a webpage with cgi:irc where i can select the server.
Posted By: thing Re: web irc - 31/12/04 01:10 AM
what about java irc clients in some webpages, anyone knows some, where you can select a server to connect?
Posted By: thing Re: web irc - 02/01/05 02:13 PM
i found some java irc clients but they are all slow and crash my system. now i started to use the cgi:irc clients and they work great! some even let you select a server, the only bad thing is that when someone does you a /whois they are able to view your hostname and ip address, anyone knows a solution?

thanks
Posted By: Watchdog Re: web irc - 03/01/05 07:52 AM
That is a server-side issue as far as I know. Connect your CGI client to a server that masks IP addresses.
Posted By: juicy_J Re: web irc - 11/01/05 04:42 PM
where is the cgi:irc that lets you choose your own server??
Posted By: vengefuldeath87 Re: web irc - 12/01/05 06:26 PM
i have full cgi compatable webspace, so if you find the source for one that lets you pick servers i will host it, the 1 i have atm wont let you pick either..
Posted By: juicy_J Re: web irc - 13/01/05 12:38 PM
will the download from cgiirc.sourceforge.net/ let you choose servers, i always thought it was configurable to your needs
Posted By: juicy_J Re: web irc - 26/01/05 02:49 PM
anyone else know a site i can connect to rizon with cgi:irc??
Posted By: vengefuldeath87 Re: web irc - 28/01/05 02:21 AM
ok, my cgi client now works on any network and any channel

www.vengefuldeath.com/cgi-bin/irc.cgi

have fun
Posted By: juicy_J Re: web irc - 02/02/05 08:58 PM
sweeet
© mIRC Discussion Forums