you can pay for a registered version,that cost 20$
but you dont have to to pay because it will work fin to without it,

but now come my question

i have seen a site that sales mirc bots,

with games in it,

the games normally exist in a english version,

someone have maked in dutch,

but may somebody sale it?

and what can i do of what can u do with that person if he may not sales it?

the prices or between 50€ and 455€ for mircbot with a game

can you please let someting know

thanks a lot
Posted By: Mentality Re: For Tha Maker OF MIRC - 09/10/04 09:08 AM
mIRC has been shareware for a long time, it is not $20 for upgrading, it is $20 for registering mIRC...there is no difference between the mIRC you download shareware and mIRC you register. You had to pay for mIRC even before mIRC 6.1 when you could turn the annoy-screen off.

People may not re-sell mIRC, even if it is modified to be a Dutch version. If they wish to sell their own mIRC Bot/Games then they may, that's their business (even if the bot/game is made with mIRC script). They may not package mIRC with the bot or game. They may not sell mIRC as part of the package.

As for what could be done, I highly doubt Khaled would do anything. Potentially, legal action could be taken, due to copyright, but I find it unlikely. It's more hoped people would simply respect mIRC and its copyright, and not get money for work they have not done.

Regards,
Posted By: SpRiNgEr Re: For Tha Maker OF MIRC - 09/10/04 11:11 AM
hi Mentality,

i mean upgrading,a time before you dont have to pay for registered version,

i know you can us it without registrion also,

but they people have make a mircbot,on a based english version,

and they sale it for a price between 50-450 euro,

i thought mirc is free and not for sale,

many makers make scripts and bots,why they dont sale?

why may they sale it?

mirc is worldwide everybody us it,

but normaly no one sales it,

if i understand well i think,dont know rght,

i take a mirc,and write my own scripts of take english or any other language,and translated in dutch,i may sale it?

thats legal?

and nobody will complain?

and khaled is ok with that?

of if i understand it wrong and i may not,what he will do about it?

Posted By: tidy_trax Re: For Tha Maker OF MIRC - 09/10/04 11:30 AM
You can sell your own scripts, you cannot include a copy of mIRC with your script though.
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: For Tha Maker OF MIRC - 09/10/04 01:29 PM
As far as I know every single version of mIRC has been shareware. The fact that it doesn't stop working after the 30 day evaluation doesn't mean it's free.

As for scripts, you can sell them provided you don't include mIRC itself with the script. The reason hardly anyone sells scripts is that they're incredibly easy to make, so there really aren't many people who would pay for them when they could make their own with just a couple of days practice. 450 Euros sounds ridiculously high for a mIRC script, I can't believe anyone would pay that.
Posted By: Mentality Re: For Tha Maker OF MIRC - 09/10/04 02:03 PM
It appears that registration was required from v4.1 onwards.

It is indeed strange if that figure is right (450 euros), unless it turns lead into gold, I don't see why someone would pay 310 pounds (about $580 USD) for a bot.

Regards,
© mIRC Discussion Forums