mIRC Homepage
Posted By: highlndr criten net - 25/08/04 05:59 PM
Anyone know what has happened to Criten.net? Can't reach it!
Posted By: Mentality Re: criten net - 25/08/04 06:01 PM
There have been a large number of posts over the past few days regarding that particular IRC network. I have no idea why it's down, it's website also went down recently. I have heard no official word. The IRC network's status has nothing to do with mIRC either.

If I'm honest, I think the IRC community is better off without it. I'm sure it'll be back though.

Regards,
Posted By: highlndr Re: criten net - 25/08/04 09:07 PM
I didn't realize that the forums were just for mIRC. Since I use mIRC to connect to it, ffigured it was a fair question.

As to the IRC community being better off without it, that is one person's opinion.
Posted By: Watchdog Re: criten net - 26/08/04 06:49 AM
Two people's opinions, at least. mIRC is not a file trading programme and IRC is not a base station for file trading either.
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: criten net - 26/08/04 08:22 PM
While it didnt hurt to ask about one network in particular, please realize that the odds of us knowing exactly whats going on with that one network are slim. mIRC isnt affiliated with the administration any networks. We generally suggest ppl go to their network's website or help channels for info relating to network specifics. It really isnt uncommom for networks to come under attack or go down, and in that situation only the admins of that network know whats what.

Posted By: highlndr Re: criten net - 26/08/04 08:57 PM
ParaBrat ..

Thanks for the info.....

I had been hoping that someone might have heard what happened to Criten.net......

Since their website is down.... and I can't reach any of their servers.... didn't know where to go to ask.....

Was just curious....
Posted By: ELY_M Re: criten net - 27/08/04 07:07 AM
I like network irc.rizon.net
go there and check it out laugh

Posted By: Coolkill Re: criten net - 27/08/04 09:35 AM
This isnt a "free to spam" forum.

Eamonn.
Posted By: Terminator2004 Re: criten net - 28/08/04 06:01 AM
Criten had some technical difficulties,but is still going strong,don't worry,things will be back to normal very soon,if not already
Posted By: roymudi Re: criten net - 28/08/04 09:18 AM
How do you know that the problems will be solved?
And on wich IP address can criten be reached?
Posted By: Terminator2004 Re: criten net - 28/08/04 10:49 AM
irc.criten.co.uk
irc.criten.us
Posted By: nalAAlan Re: criten net - 30/08/04 05:58 AM
in reply to mentality

Quote:
Anyone know what has happened to Criten.net? Can't reach it!

umm, that was a General question, thats why it was in the General Discussion forum. No where in his post did he say "why can't mIRC connect to criten.net". Please think before posting.

edit: I made a typographical error. frown
Posted By: electrik Re: criten net - 30/08/04 06:01 AM
Very good point Alan, correct me if I'm wrong but the description of this forum states..

Quote:
Use this forum to talk about IRC, mIRC, and other general topics.

From what I can read out of the description, people can talk about whatever they would like here. This thread is regarding Internet Relay Chat. People should be able to talk about the best way to cook eggs in here for all they like. What is your favorite way to cook eggs? wink
Posted By: nalAAlan Re: criten net - 30/08/04 06:06 AM
I like sunnyside up. How about you?
Posted By: electrik Re: criten net - 30/08/04 06:09 AM
ick, that's kinda gross. In my honest opinion, there's nothing that beats over medium, with a few nice thick slabs of bacon on the side, and a hot cup of folger's coffee. A simple breakfast for a simple man, I know.

edit: Also, I need my salt on my eggs. I like to be able to see actually see the salt, to the point where grains fall off in the process of bringing the fork to my mouth.
Posted By: nalAAlan Re: criten net - 30/08/04 06:11 AM
Don't get me started talking about bacon.
Posted By: electrik Re: criten net - 30/08/04 06:13 AM
canadian or american?
Posted By: nalAAlan Re: criten net - 30/08/04 06:16 AM
any, they're all good
Posted By: electrik Re: criten net - 30/08/04 06:18 AM
deep fried bacon makes me happy. ever had fried ice cream?
Posted By: nalAAlan Re: criten net - 30/08/04 06:20 AM
-edit-
Posted By: electrik Re: criten net - 30/08/04 06:22 AM
Provolone or Swiss?
Posted By: electrik Re: criten net - 30/08/04 06:26 AM
Who is your favorite person in this Internet community? Me right?
Posted By: nalAAlan Re: criten net - 30/08/04 06:31 AM
I like you and mostly everyone on this webboard. One person I'm not too fond of is Mentality, he seems to take everything too seriously. For some reason I think this post will be deleted because of its "questionable content". Lets hope I can state my opinion without fear of post-deletion.
Posted By: KingTomato Re: criten net - 30/08/04 06:42 AM
Please carry on your conversation in Personal Message. There is no reason to have a 1 on 1 chat in a thread. Thank you.
Posted By: JoeDaddy Re: criten net - 30/08/04 11:37 AM
hmmm .. if you don't like their conversation, don't read this thread?
Posted By: Mentality Re: criten net - 30/08/04 12:10 PM
Whilst you may think you're being clever/funny, you're making idiots out of yourselves. The ORIGINAL post, before it was edited, made a reference to connecting to criten.net 'on the mIRC' or something similar, and that sentence that you picked at was stating the difference between mIRC/IRC. It was not stating that this thread is inappropriate for this forum.

Whilst pretty much anything can be discussed on this forum, posts inside a thread should pertain to the topic of the thread. As, through your silly attempt to be witty, you've gone completely off track, this thread is now locked. Well done.

Regards,
© mIRC Discussion Forums