mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Zyzzyx26 IRCop on Join. - 13/08/04 03:44 PM
I have been using Peace & Protection (no exploit version) for over a year now. It's a great script, however, I'm trying to built myself one, since PnP has some trouble with foreign scripts :P

One of the things I like about PnP is the nick coloring system. Besides coloring @Ops, notifies, etc, it also color IRCops. My question is: is there a way to know the person is an IRCop without /whois'ing them? Some nets use different Raws to tell if the person is an Oper (do they?), therefore a simple raw wouldn't do it.
Is there something like $nick(#,1,O)?

Thanks in advance smile
Zyzzy.
Posted By: Iori Re: IRCop on Join. - 13/08/04 04:32 PM
P&P probably uses the who reply (raw 352) to know who are ircops. Check for * in $7 (IIRC smile)
Posted By: landonsandor Re: IRCop on Join. - 13/08/04 05:12 PM
You could also try:

in a /whois reply (is accurate for dalnet - my only network I go on):

raw 309:*:{
}
raw 310:*: {
}
raw 313:*: {
}

And then in a /who reply:

raw 352:*: {
}

When you find one, you might want to assign them to user levels and then color the userlevel. Outside of that, maybe your network assigns them different hostmasks when they're opered. If so, you can do it on join via their address mask
Posted By: Zyzzyx26 Re: IRCop on Join. - 13/08/04 05:26 PM
on the /whois reply, the IRCop raw changes, but I dont think it does on the /who reply. Thanks both smile
Posted By: landonsandor Re: IRCop on Join. - 13/08/04 05:31 PM
Well, the ones I listed I KNOW give you info for IRCop on dalnet, but you're right, other raws for other networks show the same info. smile
Posted By: Zyzzyx26 Re: IRCop on Join. - 13/08/04 05:39 PM
Since we're on the subject.. I can't connect to DALnet without and Identd, and since i'm behind a non-configurable proxy here, can't get to it at all. What is the $N of the IRCop * on DALnet? smile

Thanks, Zyzzyx
Posted By: landonsandor Re: IRCop on Join. - 14/08/04 02:33 AM
for the /who reply it's if (* isin $7)
Posted By: Zyzzyx26 Re: IRCop on Join. - 14/08/04 03:03 PM
Cool, ty smile
Posted By: landonsandor Re: IRCop on Join. - 14/08/04 11:24 PM
you're welcome smile Glad to be of help smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums