mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Iori mIRC 6.15 - 03/06/04 08:49 PM
Just wanted to say thanks! laugh
Posted By: Mentality Re: mIRC 6.15 - 03/06/04 08:51 PM
Yep, as usual, thanks to all involved, including Khaled, Krejt, beta testers, everyone who reports bugs and suggests features and helps people workaround bugs etc. etc. smile

* Mentality hands out cookies

Regards,
Posted By: Zyzzyx26 Re: mIRC 6.15 - 03/06/04 09:13 PM
yay! laugh

* Zyzzyx26 gets a cookie - ty smile
Posted By: Artwerks Re: mIRC 6.15 - 03/06/04 10:12 PM
Yeah, a great thanks to them. I like it, the updates are done very fast, because we got 6.03 for a long time, and now, we are getting new updates every few months! Also, the additions and fixes are great for the 6.1* versions, thanks again smile
Posted By: MTec89 Re: mIRC 6.15 - 03/06/04 10:39 PM
$beta is gone.
Posted By: Mentality Re: mIRC 6.15 - 03/06/04 10:41 PM
$beta has been gone for awhile. There's no need for it anyway...what possible benefit could be obtained from knowing you're not using a Beta version of mIRC unless of course you're a Beta tester? That's like having $client to echo whether you're using mIRC or not. Pointless.

Regards,
Posted By: MTec89 Re: mIRC 6.15 - 03/06/04 11:02 PM
i was just mentioning stuff i noticed.
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: mIRC 6.15 - 03/06/04 11:12 PM
As you've already mentioned, it's not really important. However, $beta is not gone. It simply returns $null for non-beta versions instead of $false. If you try and create a beta alias you'll see that it will always return $null.

And thanks to Khaled, Tjerk, and the team for another release.

I'm glad to see a stream of regular releases making significant fixes/adjustments and a few minor additions to make the 6.1x versions more solid all-round instead of having a huge wait with a version with several bugs while major changes are made.

Great to see $replacex() being added, there must be hundreds if not thousands of people who have been hoping for that over the years.
Posted By: landonsandor Re: mIRC 6.15 - 03/06/04 11:34 PM
overall reply - thanks for another great version smile Dessert choices to all smile

Starbucks - yes, people ahve been asking for that for a while and it's good to see it smile
Posted By: CloCkWeRX Re: mIRC 6.15 - 04/06/04 11:26 AM
https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=...amp;amp;fpart=1

Me whinging about lack of certain features...

whatsnew.txt #68 - me shutting up and being excited khaled listened!
Posted By: _Delphi_ Re: mIRC 6.15 - 04/06/04 11:45 AM
i also like it that there are often new updates smile. the times where i had 6.03 i thougt its the last version ^^.

very gj @mirc 6.15
Posted By: Deedsy Re: mIRC 6.15 - 05/06/04 11:40 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a rumour going around that if you don't register the new mIRC 6.15 in the 30 days, features start disappearing.

As an op and founder in a help channel I wanted to know for sure, so i emailed Khaled and asked.

It is just a rumour folks smile
Posted By: NightCrawler8283 Re: mIRC 6.15 - 05/06/04 12:33 PM
the rumor is incorrect sir smile mIRC is shareware. NOT crippleware. BUT if you dont pay after 30 days u get to see that annoying please buy me window :P
Posted By: Deedsy Re: mIRC 6.15 - 05/06/04 01:12 PM
Yes, I said it was just a rumour.

But i wanted a definite answer from someone who would know for sure, so when the users come in and start asking, i could tell them it was not true.

Thats why I asked Khaled Mardam-Bey grin
Posted By: NightCrawler8283 Re: mIRC 6.15 - 05/06/04 01:53 PM
well.. all u really had to do was look at some of the posts. HERE is a post made by parabrat, one of khaled moderators. it explains everything about mirc regarding the registration and failure of registration. and there is another post on here somewhere sayinf khaled will not answer emails if he believes the answer can be found on the message board.

so here ya go. to save all your trouble. smile
Posted By: Deedsy Re: mIRC 6.15 - 05/06/04 02:19 PM
Yes, I know all about that, including paying for mirc.

I was referring specifically to mIRC v6.15, and only because I was told that the from an op in a "Official DALnet Help Channel". When I said I doubted it were true, they said they got it from some very reliable sources.

The posts from Parabrat didn't cover what i was referring to smile I did search the forum first to see if anything had been mentioned about it, there wasn't.

Khaled did email me back, and for that I thank him.
Posted By: xxxYODAxxx Re: mIRC 6.15 - 05/06/04 05:01 PM
/me likes laugh - well done again!
Ps.
for a future version, can $gotostoreandbuymefood be added? im hungry! hehe.
Posted By: Adrenalin Re: mIRC 6.15 - 09/06/04 12:49 PM
Quote:
50.Added /filter -k <infile> <alias> switch, calls alias instead
of outputting to a file or window.

Yaahh.. Watching for that for looooong time, thanks all who make that come true..

Soon(maybe after a week, maybe more) i'l realise full CHM-med and CSS-ed and target-ed mIRC Help file wink That is first time when i say that in public.. So i hope you will like it..
Yap.. My School is really sux frown
© mIRC Discussion Forums