mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Watchdog The funniest thread... - 22/05/04 12:18 PM
Out of curiosity I was reviewing some of the old threads here and came across this one. It went from serious to not-so-serious and has to be one of the better General Discussion threads that appears here.
Posted By: NightCrawler8283 Re: The funniest thread... - 22/05/04 12:40 PM
LOL.. thats some funny stuff dude... gave me a good laugh at work when i needed it. on my net we talk about this kinda stuff on a daily basis.
Posted By: The_Game Re: The funniest thread... - 22/05/04 05:21 PM
LOL I totally forgot about that one...In my opinion that is a "classic" topic smile
Posted By: HorseC Re: The funniest thread... - 23/05/04 05:39 AM
All I can say is thanks! reading that made my day.
Posted By: zack Re: The funniest thread... - 23/05/04 05:08 PM
Needs more funny.
Posted By: PastMaster Re: The funniest thread... - 24/05/04 06:08 AM
Well each to their own I guess... wink
I suspect you have to be an Antipodean to get the most out of it...

PM
Desperately restraining the urge to use the word 'Colonial'... shocked
Posted By: Rounin Re: The funniest thread... - 24/05/04 05:17 PM
Lol!

Did the peculiar Australian accent stem from any particular area or group in Great Britain, by the way?

I know there's at least one dialect in the UK that sounds a lot like an American dialect.
Posted By: DekuHaze Re: The funniest thread... - 24/05/04 07:52 PM
Quote:
I know there's at least one dialect in the UK that sounds a lot like an American dialect.

Which dialect would that be?
Posted By: Rounin Re: The funniest thread... - 24/05/04 08:28 PM
The dialect that this one teacher I had spoke... You know the one.
Posted By: DekuHaze Re: The funniest thread... - 24/05/04 09:10 PM
The closest I can think of would maybe be an Irish accent but to me that sounds very different to a US accent crazy
Posted By: Watchdog Re: The funniest thread... - 24/05/04 11:00 PM
Hmm, generally an Aussie accent is a tamed British accent though it depends on where you live. Someone from the South Eastern parts of the country will sound more refined/sophisticated than, say, someone from far north Queensland or the Northern Territory who tend to use the word "bloody" more often and anyone from South Australia usually sounds like a Kiwi (New Zealander) because they pronounce fish and chips "fush and chups".
Posted By: CloCkWeRX Re: The funniest thread... - 25/05/04 01:27 AM
Rude!
I'll Fush and Chups you!

In Adelaide, we are the refined masters of all "a" related sounds.
Sure we say "Dance" like "dawnce", but thats part of our charm. Its a lot easier on the ears than most accents that come outta Queensland!
Posted By: Watchdog Re: The funniest thread... - 25/05/04 09:14 AM
lol
© mIRC Discussion Forums