mIRC Homepage
Posted By: TraceyI Dalnet [deleted] has A new Temporary Home - 19/01/03 09:27 PM
Regulars of Dalnet [#deleted] may like to Know we Have a application to registered a new channel as a temporary home for Dalnet [#deleted]

You find the crew with your familar ops over on[deleted]

Hope to see you all there .... j
Yes everyone, form an orderly queue at the door of this advertised room.
ok, i can understand ppl who frequent DALnet want to find their friends. i thought for a while before editing out the channel name due to whats going on right now...but i cant justify allowing any channels to spam. If you have a website, put the info there, or consider getting one if you dont. There are news forums all over the place, perhaps one of them mite not mind channels being spammed.

As a DALnet person myself, i can certainly sympathize with what we are all going thru..but if we let one channel do it, then all bazillion channels will want to, and it will fast become a nightmare. This forum is for mIRC related issues, but due to the number of questions asked, we are trying to keep users updated, but that just cant include where channels have moved to. Thanks for your understanding.
Posted By: Poppy Re: Dalnet [deleted] has A new Temporary Home - 20/01/03 05:48 PM
I have to agree with Watchdog and Parabrat...in addition to spamming, posting here will give any of the perpetrators of these attacks another target. I'm sure they're laughing their heads off at all the posts about DALnet on these boards, if they're reading them. While I do sympathise, I would also like to point out that there are other networks!
You mean, that DALnet inst the only one? No Way! LOL I'm sorry i thought i'd add a little sense of humor to that smile
I would like to point out in defensive it was on another network as orignal post did state the channel was just a tempory meeting place on undernet. As was in no way meant as a advert i to though before posting and also msg admin staff with the intention and it was only once Dalnet themselfs recommended this sites msg board as a place for people to find there friends in the klined updates on attacks. it was then i felt it was apporiate to post the name of the temperary home of the channel on undernet for users that where less knowledgeable to be able to find the rest of the crew,
And once again i apolgise for any offense caused.
i'm not sure why you felt the need to both msg me privately and post here as well, but as i replied in msg:

Yes, DALnet admin is aware that we are trying to keep ppl updated about where to find info during these attacks since
we have received so many questions about it. This msg board is also referenced on their website as just one of the places for users to check for what they have made available on their website and listservs.

Many thousands of users have been effected by this, if we allowed one channel on any network to post something like this, regardless of circumstances, everyone would expect to do the same. Consider how many channels and users on any one network would then want to post info on their channel/friends and what that would do to the purpose of this msg board, which is help with mIRC software.

DALnet isnt the first, nor will it be the last, to be attacked. Many established channels set up websites for their users to be kept updated on events that may effect them and have that website in their topic.
© mIRC Discussion Forums