mIRC Homepage
Posted By: tizom g-lined help plz - 04/02/04 09:20 PM
plz help me with this

i think it was cuz my friends lanned at my house and we all had same ip on irc, so when the 5th connected we all got g-lined.
how do i get un g-lined plz help
Posted By: Collective Re: g-lined help plz - 04/02/04 09:32 PM
Please don't post the same thing in multiple places, the same helpers read all the forums.

To get a g/k-line removed you need to contact the admins of the server, goto the network's website and look for an email or forums to contact them with.
Posted By: sparta Re: g-lined help plz - 04/02/04 09:33 PM
find that networks www page on the net.. "use goggle to search", then read on that page, thats the only way.. but if its for cloning, then i belive its a temp g-line so will be gone in a day or two, it sounds like ur on quakenet, they only allow 5 connections/IP .. if thats the case.. www.quakenet.org
Posted By: tizom Re: g-lined help plz - 04/02/04 09:43 PM
i connect to gamesnet.net and an irc random server

where would the website for taht be?
Posted By: Collective Re: g-lined help plz - 04/02/04 09:51 PM
GamesNet are renaming/moving to GameSurge, who you can find here.
Posted By: Raccoon Re: g-lined help plz - 04/02/04 10:45 PM
A g-line is typically lifted after 12 hours, btw.

It's probably not worth trying to argue it.. by the time you find an admin, it'll be gone.
Posted By: sparta Re: g-lined help plz - 05/02/04 05:36 AM
Quote:

i connect to gamesnet.net and an irc random server

A g-line is a global ban on the network.. a K-line is a ban on only one server.. so dosent mather what server you trying..
Posted By: KG6NCL Re: g-lined help plz - 07/02/04 07:10 PM
Either way, like they were saying if you got glined for having too many connections it will most likely go away within a few hours or a day or two.... They never last long because people make the mistake of cloning alot.. as because if they are new to irc their not sure of the rules of the network, normally type /rules in the status window of whatever network, and it may have the rules post, its always smarter to read the rules of a new network before you find yourself in your position for breaking the rules you never read. grin
© mIRC Discussion Forums