mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Cybergnome Need help .... - 24/11/03 06:25 PM
I am new to MIRC. I just downloaded a game (command and conquer generals deviance) I dont know how to install it. The files are all .r01, .r02 files. Please help me out.
Cybergnome
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Need help .... - 24/11/03 06:44 PM
Try downloading the retail version--those have all the instructions you need. This is not the place to get advice on how to further your pirating. If youw ant help with illegal file sharing, find another forum.
Posted By: Biezais Re: Need help .... - 25/11/03 12:44 AM
~edited as requested~
Posted By: LocutusofBorg Re: Need help .... - 25/11/03 05:17 AM
Probably you are new here. KingTomato is not. If he said to the user we will not help him with his illegal activities, you should follow suit and not help the user.
Posted By: Biezais Re: Need help .... - 25/11/03 05:27 AM
upss... sorry smile
2 moder: please remove my previous message.

And where can I get a forum rules?
Posted By: LocutusofBorg Re: Need help .... - 25/11/03 06:30 AM
Not sure if there is a forum rules page. Basically, it's just common sense. No spamming, no helping with illegal things, no helping people break rules, and keep it decent.
Posted By: Cybergnome Re: Need help .... - 25/11/03 03:25 PM
Hey!!!!!! first and foremost I am a engineer myself without a job, pirating of any sort indirectly affect me and my job prospects also. Secondly I am not pirating, I have a cd key of my own. Its just that in my spare time ( which I have in abundance coz of no job) I built a very good computer myself. I couldnt install this game on new computer coz this cd is damaged and I dont have any back up. Infact I have a functional expansion cd. I dont want to spend another 40 $ when I have a legal cd key of it. If it is against the rules of this forum to help me atleast please tell me where can I get any help.
Sincerely,
Cybergnome
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Need help .... - 25/11/03 04:52 PM
Usually game manufacturers have an address where you can send the bad CD, and in return they will send you a new cd. Its was designed for purposes just like these--Broken, cracked, scratches, etc cds. I'm sure if you were to take some of that abundant time to read the manual, you'd have found that by now.
Posted By: sparta Re: Need help .... - 25/11/03 05:31 PM
Quote:

no helping people break rules

I cant say thats against the rules to tell somone what program to use to unzip files he downloaded, if he only asked what program unzip the files "just the extention" then you would tell him, so thats not somthing that make you or him break any rules.. as if i ask "what program can unzip *.tar files".. then you would answer on that.. smile
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Need help .... - 25/11/03 11:07 PM
The implimentation of the files is illegal, thus telling them how to unzip something, is a wrong as giving them a working illegal file.
Posted By: sparta Re: Need help .... - 26/11/03 03:08 PM
hehe, so if you download a program thats free, then it dont tell in the readme that you have to use this or that program to unzip it, then if you ask somone how to do it, and they tell you "sorry, cant tell you, it's against the law" how would you feel? and if a user want to, then all he have to do is to search the net and he will find the answer, or just look on a download page for window programs and he would know.. so try help instead of allways say "it's against the law", leav that part to the user asking and what he thinks is wrong or right smile i know this is a forum for and about mirc, but you should try to help with all questions if you can.. and if you dont know, then dont send any posts.. and if you dont know, you have two programs that are really commen to use to unzip and pack programs, one is Winzip, and the other program is the one this user need.. smile
*The last post from me regarding this*
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: Need help .... - 26/11/03 08:01 PM
Regardless of your opinions regarding right/wrong, legal/illegal or where on the web ppl can find answers, we expect all users to respect our policies. We do not help with "illegal" activities or those that could do harm to others. Thats our choice, and our right, respect and abide by it please.
© mIRC Discussion Forums