Hoopy frood
W
If you execute this:
Code:
//timer 1 3 flash #channel $(|) window -g0 #channel
But even this
Code:
//timer 1 3 flash #channel $(|) .timer 1 1 window -g0 #channel
After the flash, it won't stop the flash of the icon in the tree/switchbar.

But suppose you have ALT+O >> IRC >> Options | Flash on message enabled, and suppose you have this code:
Code:
on *:text:!stop:?:window -g0 $nick
Make mIRC not the active application, get someone to send you a private message and then get this person to type !stop, there it will correctly stop flashing.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce this issue. Are you able to reproduce this in a clean install? In my tests, the window icon continued to blink and the mIRC window to flash, even with !stop in the on text event.

The icon highlight, icon blink, and flash features are all interconnected and one feature can override another one depending on context, so trying to control all of these with just /window -g (which is technically only meant to change the highlight state) is not possible.

This is made slightly more complicated because flash can apply to the mIRC window (for MDI windows) or an individual window (for desktop windows).

Are you trying to turn off the mIRC window flashing, the icon highlight, and the icon blinking?

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
I cannot reproduce on a clean install.
It all started because someone on IRC asked for a way to remove the color of the item in the tree/switchbar (window -g) and he also wanted to stop the flash (taskbar + blinking icon).
So I started fooling around with these timers above, it wasn't working, I also tried to /flash -r1 (after the first /flash) but it would keep flashing indefinitely. In the meantime the user tells me 'thanks, window -g is all I needed'. He came up with this on text scenario and indeed, after trying it on my mIRC, !stop would stop flashing.

Forgot to mention, the user on IRC was on 7.41 and using Wine, he confirmed it does stop the flash though, probably a Wine issue then.

Last edited by Wims; 14/04/16 02:59 PM.

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Tried it again on my main mIRC, it keeps flashing... must have been tired yesterday, sorry :\
At least this report is leading to a feature suggestion, being able to stop the flash would be nice.

Link Copied to Clipboard