mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Gvaz Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
G
This version seemed perfectly fine with windows 7 x64 when I was using it, but then once I did a clean install of windows 8.1 x64, the program has some weird issues.

When I intentionally disable my current internet connection (disable through adapter panel), mIRC understandably dc's from all channels (I'm typically connected to 9 different servers at once), however on reconnect a percentage of the time mIRC just borks, and says mIRC has encountered and error, and windows tries to look for a solution. Sometimes this is a straight crash to the desktop.

Other times, when my internet hiccups on the modem end, the program has similar effects to what was previously stated.

Other times, perhaps from length of concurrent use (days) and being connected to many servers, the program just randomly crashes and windows tells me the program needs to close because it encountered an error.

Not sure what to provide to help facilitate fixes of these, they're somewhat annoying.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I am using Windows 8.1 Pro x64 and i have not problems.

Do you have any remotes/aliases/dlls on your mIRC?
if you have try /remote off and retry.

if the problem continue then reply here.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I only have Windows 7 64bit and Windows 8.1 32bit here, so unfortunately I am unable to test under Windows 8.1 64bit version.

The first issue, where mIRC crashes if the network is disconnected, I have not been able to reproduce yet. I have enabled/disabled the network adapter many times without experiencing a crash.

The second issue seems far more random, so I would need more information to track down the issue:

Are you using any scripts, addons or DLLs with mIRC?

Are you connecting using SSL?

To help in tracking down the issue, please install a clean copy of mIRC in an empty folder (in Documents/mIRC) using the "portable" option in the mIRC installer, without any scripts or addons. Are you able to reproduce the issues with this clean copy of mIRC?

T
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
T
Yesterday (9/4/2014) there were some updates for Windows 8.1 64bit which completely broke Mirc. When I try to start it, I can see it running in the task manager, but no Window is opening. Using the compatibility mode (e.g. Windows 95) opens at least a Mirc window, but all settings are gone and you can't do anything but kill the task. I've already sent this bug to Microsoft, but maybe there's something you can do, too?

[Edit] It seems it works, but simply starts minimized. There is a tray Icon where you can maximize Mirc to make it visible agein. Minor issue.

Last edited by TRose; 10/04/14 08:52 PM.
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Are you sure that mIRC isn't set to start minimized?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard