Print Thread
T
The_JD Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
This has probably been mentioned before:
mIRC shows "Connecting" when it does not recieve the raw 001.

The problem is that I am making a RFC 1459 compliant server, and mIRC shows connecting continously.

Would be great if mIRC could show as connected if it recieves ERR_NOMOTD or RPL_MOTDSTART.

This is not my real issue.

Because mIRC does not think it is connected, Closing a channel window does not send a "PART" even though it had worked fine for the JOIN. If you type /part, all works as exptected

This is troublesome, because an IRC user (using the RFC 1459 server) should be able to close the window and have it send /part.

On a sidenote: when connected to an IRCX server, mIRC will only join a %#Channel if it has recieved raw numeric 800. This is fine, allthough when it joins the %#Channel, it resets the message from 800.

[02:16] * Titanic has quit IRC (Excess Flood)
V
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
V
What do you mean resets it? mIRC now automatically calls /IRCX when connecting to an IRCX server (raw 800)
A few versions before we had to call it manually.
But it all works fine now, so i don't understand what you mean with it resets the message from 800

I remember, if you hadn't done /IRCX in mIRC and joined a channel, you wouldn't see +q, Just a capital "O"
Nick sets mode +O nick2

Last edited by vexed2; 21/02/08 02:12 PM.
T
The_JD Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
After the 800, mIRC will join a %#Channel
After one 800, mIRC will NOT join %#Channel and %#Room.

It seems to null the 800 when it joins the first %#Channel.

BTW, mIRC still shows +q AFAIK.

V
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
V
oh yeah i know it shows +q now
But i meant on older versions if you hadn't done /IRCX it wouldn't show +q.
I still don't get the problem, i've been on IRCX servers for donkeys years and i can join %#chan, then if i want to join more %#chans i can
Once /IRCX has been called by mIRC that's it, i've not had to do it again.

T
The_JD Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
I've always had difficulty... anyway the REAL issue I have is the PART (or lack of) when there is no 001

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIRC depends on numeric 001 to be sent by a server to indicate that mIRC has properly connected to the server. If it does not receive a numeric 001, many features will not work correctly, not only part events. mIRC also requires the MOTD numerics to be sent in order to initiate post-connection features. I can't change this I'm afraid, mIRC needs specific numerics to indicate connection and post-connection status in order to function correctly.

As you say, mIRC will only join %#Channels if it has received the 800 numeric, this is by design. I'm not sure what you mean by mIRC resetting the message from the 800 numeric though. If I join an IRCX server I am able to join/part %#Channel many times without a problem. Can you describe this a little more?

Link Copied to Clipboard