Print Thread
#184051 24/08/07 11:09 PM
N
Nite Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
N
I recently upgraded from mIRC v6.21 to v6.3, and I noticed a strange bug - Despite having "Except status" checked in logging options, my client has been logging the status window. I noticed it after being re-connected from a net blip. I even tried making it read only, and mIRC unlocks it. The temporary solution is to revoke the write privilege in the file's security tab for whatever user mIRC is running on.

I also noticed, after the upgrade, some logs had been going to the Main folder rather than the network folders. I am not sure exactly how to reproduce this, but I noticed it.

Nite #184061 24/08/07 11:32 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
The "Except status" box applies to the "Date filenames" setting, hence the indentation.

You can right-click switchbar/treebar window items then select Logging -> Off if you don't wish to log them. You can also set windows to be logged to locations outside of the logging directory under the Buffer submenu, which may explain your second paragraph.

Nite #184062 24/08/07 11:33 PM
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
i noticed a similar thing 3 day ago, i tested to echo something to my status window.That took so much time, (20 ms in a channel window and 2 second in my status window).After checking what can be the problem, i noticed that mIRC has been logging the status window (only this status window) and i saw that the log file size was too big, delete it solve the problem.

My logs options were disable and i have too right-click my status window > logging > off (before, nothing were check)

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard