Print Thread
S
skysky Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
Heres the set up,

1 pc, 2 network cards which are both attached to 2 cable modems.

I have two seperate mirc programs running (6.16) and the sysreset scrip running a server. When the server is under heavy load, at random intervals usualy no more than 7 to 10 hours the pc will reboot for no reason.

Now I have replaced/changed the 2 network cards, I have tried a differant pc, I also tried the newest versions of mirc, nothing is overheating or overclocked as the pc is normaly stable.

I have in the options used the function to bind sockets to ip, each mirc instance using a differant ip for each cable modem.

At random intervals I get the reboot (xp sp2 was using sp1 also) When I disonect mirc session and just leave the other one running its fine and stable !

I hope this makes sense but its driving me out my head, I just want to have both modems, each using a differant running mirc program.... i assumed thats what the bind sockets to ip option was for... but correct me if im wrong.

Help !

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
running a server?

you are running an IRCd or the script "sysreset" has a socket IRCd?

Either way, it seems like the IRCd is causing the reboots rather than mIRC. Even if "sysreset" is causing the reboots then you should get help from the maker of the script rather than here.

If you run 2 clean mIRCs without a server and it does reboot, then it could be a problem, but since its either being caused by that script or the ircd i don't know why u are posting here.

Plz correct me if i misunderstood the bit about the server tho smile

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Right click My Computer
select Properties
Advanced tab
Startup and Recovery
under System Failure, uncheck Automatically reboot.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard