mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Link

The above is the existing conversation on this issue. I have tried /window -c #channel as well. Unless a "part" message is received from the IRC server this window must be closed manaully by clicking the "x" if you are not on it or not connected. This is a bit of a pain since relying on $chan(0) to detect how many channels your on is a bit easier than making a alias that will while loop check if ($me ison $chan(%x)) . Was wondering if there was a work around or some small thing in the works that would help out here.

Page width fixed

Last edited by Mentality; 11/08/04 08:43 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
how is this even a bug report?

what bug are you reporting? etc..

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
I'm not sure, didn't know where else to put this since I thought that /window -c should be able to close a channel window.

D
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
D
/window is for dealing with custom windows not channel windows. So I don't know why you say it should be able to close a channel window. If you close a channel window without sending a part command to the server where is mIRC going to put any messages it recieves for that channel? Dumping them in the status window would look rather odd and out of place.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Granted, some method has to be introduced into mIRC to close a window in the instance explained in the other thread, however this isnt exactly a bug, the reason mIRC will only close the channel window when a msg from the server arrives is to stop the inverse happening, the channel window not being open, and you being in the channel.

Edit; Also refer back to the original for an actual method of closing, although not, "wonderful" it works.

Eamonn.

Link Copied to Clipboard