mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
E
Exor Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
E
I've run into a little mouse problem, and although i found a make-shift workaround, it's still annoying and would be nice to have fixed wink - It might be a tad hard to explain though, if anything needs clarification i can try to rephrase it.

I've noticed that if the left mouse button is held down on a channel or query window (havn't tried custom windows-- dont have any) when new text is shown, the scroll bar will go up as it would if you had new things showing up in the window and you were scrolled up. But the moment you let go of the mouse button, the scroll bar goes back down and you can't see any of the text that appeared while you were holding the mouse button down.
it's incredibly annoying because when i right click someone's name and go to something, such as Whois, for some reason it happens there too.

Now, the workaround i mentioned: Have some new text show up in the window. It doesn't matter what kind of text or stuff it is, just as long as something new is shown in the window. What i usually do is just type "/echo -a" and when it returns "* /echo: insufficient parameters" in the active window, it goes down to where it should be.
Im using Windows XP and mIRC 6.03, and i have not altered my mirc.exe. Im also not running any scripts that mess with the mouse (yes i wrote them all).

Have any of you experienced the same thing? And could you try it and let me know if it happens to you as well?

Thanks,
Exor

P.S: I also did a forum search for this subject, but i found nothing like it. Thanks wink

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
does it happen with all the different frame styles in display/options, visual styles button? what brand of mouse?

I couldnt reproduce this (assuming i understood you correctly)... altho once i saw the scroll bar look like it went up about 1/4" and go back down when i released it, it didnt effect the text shown in the window and darned if i could make it do even that again. (98se, no frame, logitech rodent)

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I can reproduce this bug (yay!), WinXP Home, MS Intellimouse, happened with all frame styles. Here's what I did:

1. Typed /timer 1 5 echo -a a 5 times (fast).
2. Clicked in the channel window I was on without selecting any text (bug doesn't occur if I do)
3. Waited 5 seconds and watched the scrollbar go up.
4. Let go of the mouse button, scrollbar went down to the bottom, no new text shown.
5. Scrolled up and then down again and found
"a
* Timer 1 halted"
echoed 5 times.

E
Exor Offline OP
OP Offline
E
oh yeah forgot to mention, it's Windows XP Professional.

I dont think brand of mouse really matters on this, but if you really wanna know, it's just a regular Microsoft Wheelmouse, yer standard run of the mill mouse wink

Link Copied to Clipboard