mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
O
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
O
I've been using mIRC for, well, decades. The ability to double click URLs has been there for god knows how long. However, after upgrading to 7.51, URLs are no longer clickable. Hovering them does not change my pointer and double clicking them does nothing. My options did not change and I do not use the URL catcher. What's going on here?

Edit: it seems nothing in-channel is clickable, same with nicknames. I didn't override my popups.ini or anything of that nature.

Edit2: it's not an issue of running as admin. fresh install. no weird entries in my ini's. all n0 sequential and in order. mirc recognizes the URLs and catches them if I enable the catcher. However, cursor over a nick and/or url in a chatroom does not change my cursor and does not let me click on them. Thoughts?

Last edited by orkalass; 05/10/17 07:38 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I have not been able to reproduce this issue so far. I joined a channel, moved the cursor over a URL/nick/channel and it changed to a hand cursor and double-clicking performed the expected action.

Which version of mIRC were you using before upgrading where this was working for you? Are you using scripts?

U
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
U
Hi, I'm getting the same issue here. mIRC 7.51, Win 10 x64, running as admin make no difference.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Which version of mIRC were you using before upgrading? Are you using scripts?

If you install a clean copy of mIRC, using the portable option in the installer, in a new, empty folder, such as your Windows documents folder, and run that copy of mIRC, do you see the same issue?

U
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
U
Originally Posted By: Khaled
Which version of mIRC were you using before upgrading? Are you using scripts?

If you install a clean copy of mIRC, using the portable option in the installer, in a new, empty folder, such as your Windows documents folder, and run that copy of mIRC, do you see the same issue?

I was using version 7.49 using scripts and normal version( not portable), I've installed in an different folder(E:\mIRC).

I've solved my problem here.

I tried a clean installation in a different path, worked fine.
Then I removed this installation and reinstall over my old installation and everything worked perfect. grin

ps: I'm not using the portable option.

Thank you for your attention.

Last edited by UnFoRgIvInG; 09/10/17 01:27 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard