mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
Since upgrading to mIRC 7, after initiating an fserve session, directory listings ("dir") breaks the stream about halfway through when the home directory contains numerous files/folders.

My home dir has 622 folders and roughly 10,000 files contained in them. Doing a 'dir' will stop it a little under halfway through the listing of the folders.

This error did not occur in the 6.x series of mIRC.

Last edited by SammySeabo; 28/02/12 05:45 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Can you define "breaks the stream" with more details? It closes the dcc chat connection?

Are you testing this as a user or as the server (the one with the directories to list)? And are you testing on the exact same user? Have you tried 6.x after seeing this bug on 7.x to confirm that it still does not occur in 6.x? It could easily be a networking issue, if the connection is dying.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It isn't unusual to have trouble displaying hundreds of folders or files in a single directory. It's not really a smart idea to put that many into one location if you want them displayed in DCC. Common issues are flood protection and buffer size. Try adjusting those and see what happens.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I would be surprised if flood protection activates on dcc connections, as there should be no buffering issues with a direct connection. DCC CHAT should be able to send just as much data, and just as fast as a DCC SEND (they are the same underlying protocol).

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, it may be something else, but those were the things I thought would be worth checking. I've seen the problem on a lot of versions of mIRC and it's likely related to the script or settings. Anything over 200-300 items very often stops part way through the display. Of course, I haven't looked at large servers like that in years, so I have no idea of the current version has the same problem. I also am not positive if the problem is on the sender's or receiver's end. I just know I've seen it often in the past.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks this issue has been fixed for the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard