Print Thread
#234950 17/11/11 03:47 PM
C
Cumas Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
Hi, i'm trying to figure out why my mIRC crashs, if it's fault of my script or not.
There is a way to enable a "debug mode"?
mIRC 7.0 doesn't suffer of this bug.

(i run mIRC+SSL on all the networks + latest SSL version available on this site)

Cumas #234957 17/11/11 09:22 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can use /debug @debug to open a debug window and then log the window. That *might* give you an idea of what's happening when it crashes. But it probably won't be much use. Most crashes are likely to be caused by a DLL, so if you are using a DLL, I'd recommend checking to see if that's still working correctly in the newer version of mIRC. Note that DLLs often need to be updated when new versions of mIRC are released, depending on what the DLL does.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Riamus2 #234958 17/11/11 09:33 PM
C
Cumas Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
You can use /debug @debug to open a debug window and then log the window. That *might* give you an idea of what's happening when it crashes. But it probably won't be much use. Most crashes are likely to be caused by a DLL, so if you are using a DLL, I'd recommend checking to see if that's still working correctly in the newer version of mIRC. Note that DLLs often need to be updated when new versions of mIRC are released, depending on what the DLL does.

Thank you, and no /debug isn't helpful :\

Cumas #234963 18/11/11 02:42 AM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
You really need to provide more information. "mIRC crashes and it didn't used to" is really not enough to go on. It's more of a diagnosis than a debugging, but you should disable all scripts and DLLs as mentioned. In fact, installing a fresh copy of mIRC in another directory (copy an empty mirc.ini into the directory to have mIRC run out of that dir instead of your AppData directory) will see if mIRC is crashing or if it is a script. Then, load each script back individually until mIRC starts crashing again. It may be a slow process, but that's the best way to do it.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #235039 20/11/11 08:44 PM
C
Cumas Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
Originally Posted By: argv0
You really need to provide more information. "mIRC crashes and it didn't used to" is really not enough to go on. It's more of a diagnosis than a debugging, but you should disable all scripts and DLLs as mentioned. In fact, installing a fresh copy of mIRC in another directory (copy an empty mirc.ini into the directory to have mIRC run out of that dir instead of your AppData directory) will see if mIRC is crashing or if it is a script. Then, load each script back individually until mIRC starts crashing again. It may be a slow process, but that's the best way to do it.

All the .mrc are related, no way i can enable one and disable the others, now i'm pretty sure it's a DLL compatibility problem, where may i ask for updated versions?

Cumas #235042 20/11/11 10:48 PM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
On the author of the DLL's website, or from wherever you got the DLL. They may not be an update, of course, that's something you have to check.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard