Print Thread
#220701 22/04/10 01:38 AM
T
Tomao Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
T
When I use the /play command with the -n switch to a $nick, it can only get one line played and then it stops. But when I play it to the $chan, it can play the whole file until it's finished. Why is this happening?

Again, this seems to happen to /play with the -n switch.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Any other switches being used?

RoCk #220717 22/04/10 04:21 AM
T
Tomao Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
T
No, just the -n switch.
Quote:
/play -n $nick file.txt
This only plays one line and then it stops. And it only affects $nick.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I'm not able to reproduce this on a vanilla 7.01 and 6.35.
What mIRC version do you use? Did you assure that no script is interfering by testing with no script loaded?
How do you see the play "stop": Do the playend echo show or the on playend event trigger? If not: is the play request still listed in the queue (/playctrl)? You should also check the play in @debug of the sending client - maybe the network suppresses consecutive notices for whatever reason...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have not been able to reproduce this either, eg. if I use "//play -n $me readme.txt" I receive notices for all lines in the file.

T
Tomao Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
T
I write these words test1, test2, test3, etc...in a text file line by line. Then I use what Khaled has done. I wind up getting this:
Quote:
* Playing 'file.txt' to Tomao with 1000ms delay
-
-> -Tomao- test1
-
* Playback of 'file.txt' stopped
-

I'm not sure why this happens. There's more than one line in the file.txt. Once I take out the -n switch, everything's working fine. There's also no other command I use, such as /play stop or playend event, or other switches. I even unload all other scripts to just mainly test this matter, but the result's still the same.

I run mirc 6.35 under windows vista.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Quote:
You should also check the play in @debug of the sending client - maybe the network suppresses consecutive notices for whatever reason...
Since noone is able to reproduce the problem, it seems to be a possible, are you sure the server isn't the problem ? Are you using flood protection ? As suggested, try on a clean mIRC

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard