Mostly harmless
C
Internet Connection 5 Meg Down, 385k Up
Using Win XP w/2 Gig Ram
mIRC v6.17
Omenserv v2.64
Autoget v7.40b4

Up To 2 Sends and 4 Gets Running

mIRC Freezes for 15 Sec to 1 Min After Each Get Completes or More Gets are Added to Waiting List or After Each Completed File Transfer Completes.

This Sounds To mIRC is Running Out Of Memory, If so How Do I Allicate More Memory to mIRC.

Thanks For Promp Reply,
Darrell

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
I don't know, but it seems like mIRC's file-handling routines were changed in version 6.2. Every single one of my scripts that handles multiple files takes around 400% or 500% more time to finish on mIRC 6.2.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I suggest you just prior to a GET completing type in /!remote off and observer if there is a freeze, later u need to type /!remote on to bring the server back on line etc.

Now if there was no freeze during the get ending then the problem is within the scripts you have loaded, this may or maynot be normal, or may or maynot be cuased by incompatability with the 6.17 mirc you are using.

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Quote:
This Sounds To mIRC is Running Out Of Memory, If so How Do I Allicate More Memory to mIRC.
In Windows a program gets as much memory as it asks for (limited by the amount of memory in the computer). If mIRC is running out of memory add more to the computer. (You have to have a lot going on before mIRC will run out of memory).

J
Jae Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
Quote:
Quote:
In Windows a program gets as much memory as it asks for (limited by the amount of memory in the computer). If mIRC is running out of memory add more to the computer. (You have to have a lot going on before mIRC will run out of memory).

just happy bill gates wasnt right about his speech on ammount of memory our computer would need... or mirc wouldnt even load

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
When has he ever been right about that information. I mean, I can recall when people were proud to own a computer with 16k of ram and a 10M hard drive...thinking that they'd never run out of space or need more memory for a program.

D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
This might also be yuor Antivirus which checks the file on completion!!!
I know of people who have this problem with mIRC (the bigger the file is, the more time it takes to scan it and the more time your computer will halt) and with other softwares as well.

A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
I had the same problem. It bugged me nearly to death. My problem turned out to be a HUGE AGcompleted.ini file in the Autoget directory. (I never hit move Move Completed). The file is just a text type of file and can be deleted. (A new empty one will be created upon the next file that finished downloading). Solved my problem, hope it helps you.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That's not a normal file for mIRC. I'm guessing you have a badly written script that is doing that.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard