mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
TroyBoy Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
I have 1 mirc 6.16 session (A) running alot of DCC chats, maybe about 10-15 (no DCC sends).
I have another mirc 6.16 session (B) running 1 DCC send at a time.
Both sessions have their own DCC port range which dont overlap.
Sometimes when a DCC Send finishes sending on (B), session (A) uses 99% CPU and my whole PC goes crazy. I cant click on session (A) to check for errors. I lose access to my local/networked drives 90+% of the time which causes read/write errors and explorer to screw up giving me all sorts of problems.
Even after I kill the (A) session which was using 99% CPU, I still have system problems. Its not until I d/c and close session (B) when things start to work normally again (eg, I can access my drives again, and read/write). However I do need to reboot to get explorer etc running properly again.

There seems to be a DCC conflict between multiple mirc sessions. I cant imagine how it could cause such a crazy problem though, but it definitely happens when a DCC send finishes. But it doesnt happen all the time (once a day for me).

Is there any way that I can get some sort of debug on my mirc sessions so I can trace the source of the problem?

Im running Win2k pro, fully patched, virus scanned etc. This has happened about 10 times, and its really annoying me!

S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
When session A starts to eat up 99% of your CPU, instead of killing it, have you tried to highlight the window (even if it doesn't responds), and hitting CTRL+BREAK ?
Because this typically happens when your script is looping indefinitely...
(But even, I agree, this is not supposed to screw up your whole system, for sure... crazy )

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Try it with different DDE Names for Client A and Client B

one step closer to world domination

Link Copied to Clipboard