mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
E
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
E
not sure what is causing this...but maybe i could get some help or insight? I receive that msg on both of the computers i use mIRC on. and also every script i use.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Someone is tryng to exploit you. Just ignore it. That is the message that occurs when a user attempts to crash your mirc via a malicious bit of code. If you are having troubles from specific users, try /ignore -t <name/mask>

-KingTomato
E
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
E
how is that? i mean it does it only when ppl are trying to resume a file from my fserve? and user means whatever the user's nick is..if that makes any difference.???

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
thats not what you said to start with, you said "DCC Resume from user rejected (invalid parameters)" that means a user sent you a resume file request and you rejected it. A user rejecting your resume wont show up as a reject as they just dont accept the send, or the resume send, and you recive a timeout of the send.

N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
well something is up with dcc because it is happening to me on dcc even if it is resume or not. Whenever I try to get a from someone lately using mIRC it would say Re: DCC Resume from user rejected (invalid parameters).

But if I switch to another client the dcc works fine.

We don't just write the scripts, we put them to the test! (ScriptBusters)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I've seen this occure between two mIRC clients of different versions.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
you got that client reged? and if so did you be a real bad bad person and steal a reg key?

I dont know if its true or not, but someone online couldnt get dcc's *!*@* (d) would leave his ignore list, he had regged with a stolen key, i told him to reinstall and he did, it worked tell he decided to insert the key again and it stopped again, this might have nothing to do with your problem. But i thought COOL teach them pirates a lesson! you crack with Khaled and you get yours!

(note i have no first hand info only what i was being told over the net, so cant support or disprove the info)

N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
I dont really think that is the problem and dont think that is true, seeing how when you reg mIRC the key is stored in the system registry. So even if you deleted miRC and reinstalled next time you opened the new mIRC it would continue to act like it is registered. Also, mIRC doesnt have a way to see if the key you have is infact not stolen, some things now a days have a server database that stores who has what so if you use their programs it will check with the server to see if it is infact registered. mIRC doesnt have this feature. Also, this is just a theory, I dont know, I notice that the reject notices have been happening to me after the release of 6.12, I was able to get dcc's fine before this version, I am thinking it has to do with the dcc exploit fix, maybe something wasnt coded right so it created a new bug with mIRC's dcc to make it think it was the exploit?

We don't just write the scripts, we put them to the test! (ScriptBusters)
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Maybe this thread will help.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
if the key was an old one, its may well have been entered into a hardcoded list of reject keys, i have no personal knoldge if this is so or not, just making assuptions on the information i was told.

Anyway.
I suggest you log the debug info and then can look back and see whats being sent at the time you get these "rejected messages"

Link Copied to Clipboard