Hello,

I've written a small plugin DLL for mIRC, mainly for myself but I figured someone else might find it useful. It's written in C++ and the source can be downloaded.

Introduction:

This is a plugin DLL for mIRC which makes it automatically tile its windows, adjusting the layout whenever the main window is resized or child windows are opened & closed. It's a bit like converting mIRC into a "docking" user-interface.

It also lets you force certain windows to remain in a specified order, and to leave specified windows alone entirely.

The layout is such that the space used by the child-windows' resize borders is reclaimed, which IMO makes things look cleaner and also leaves more room for actual conversations.

I don't know if many other people will find this useful, especially as it is currently without any options for other layouts (e.g. two-columns etc.), but I've found it makes using mIRC much better and figured I might as well share it. I've always got mIRC open but often want to resize it to fit what I'm doing, or because I'm Remote Desktop'd in from a machine with a smaller display, and having to manually rearrange/resize the child windows is a pain.

More information:

I created a page for the plugin with the downloads (plugin and source-code), a screenshot and info on how to use/install/uninstall it.

Hope someone else finds it useful!

Leo