mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
I'd like to propose a slight change to the View menu in the script editor. I've always felt it to be a little challenging to navigate.

The View menu displays scripts in their loaded order, but only the first 25 scripts. That's genuinely a lot of scripts for most people, but once you start writing modular code, bots and games that quickly changes. Presently I have 44 scripts loaded, and it's a real challenge switching between them in the editor.

The View > More dialog is a bit like the File > Order dialog, but it does not display scripts in their loaded order. It's also very tiny and difficult to scroll through.

I recommend doing away with the More dialog completely, and merge its functionality into the File > Order dialog. Then make View > More menu item into a sub-menu that displays 25 more scripts in their correct order. This would make navigating between scripts MUCH FASTER.

You might duplicate the File > Order menu item as View > Order, too, so people looking for the old dialog can easily find it there, at the top.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
Anything would probably be better than that dialog smirk

Thoughts on Letter/Symbol submenus, so that you'd have a menu "C" that expands to "connect.ini" and "crypto.mrc", next to a "D" menu that has "dialogs.mrc"?
Letter menus would only show up with at least one script in there; and potentially even collapse if there is only one of them.

Although, that won't help my "lets try this out" flurry of "S" that holds "script1.ini" until "script17.mrc" laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard