Print Thread
L
lakitu Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
L
hi everyone.

the doskey feature (i.e. you can push the up key in the editbox to see previous messages you've written) is useful, but it has a flaw that makes it less useful than it could be. when you EDIT one of those previous messages, & then push down, say to give a short hello to someone, & then push up to return to your message, the edits don't remain. i would like all edits to these doskey messages to be saved if i hit the down key to write another message before i send them.

thanks

lakitu

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
It doesnt save them becuase your not editing the historical list, your creating a new message, which u then abandoned by pressing the down arrow. you can do one of two things to fix this problem (id suggest number 2)
(1) highlight the whole message your editing and press ctrl-x, type your short message in, press enter, then press ctrl-v, previous message reappears
(2) right click over editbox, select options, tick enable editbox, click ok, now you have two edit boxes, one you can scroll back in and edit previous messages from and one for short instant messages you might want to send

Link Copied to Clipboard