mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#36210 14/07/03 04:23 AM
R
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
R
I would like to see the ability to strike-through text. similar to the way colors are handled. For those that don't know what strike-through is - it is when you write a word then put a line through it and continue writing.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I suppose there's no harm in it but what would it get used for?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
This will ruin compatibility with other clients, and imho it's useless. The reason strike-through was invented was so you can "update" text, i.e. you say "the party will take place on Friday" then it gets changed to Saturday so you strike Friday, and change it to Saturday. What use does that have in IRC? You can't update messages you've already sent to the server, so you'd be doing something like "the party will take place on <strike>Friday</strike> Saturday" in which case, why bother? The only place I could see it being remotely useful is in a channel topic, but again it breaks compatibility and I don't think it should be added.

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
i think that strike should be added, along with italic

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Lol! I think that response summed up the mentality of the people who want such features. I just gave you a long reason of why strike through is useless on IRC. Your response? "I want strike through." Yeah you really show you know what you're talking about when you respond like that... Tell us why it is so useful? Why is it so important that it is worth breaking backwards compatibility with older mIRCs and other clients? YOU CAN'T. They are useless features that are only gonna be used by the script kiddies who want to look "l33t".

Link Copied to Clipboard