mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
I have bunches of scripts that spit the output #Channel[stuff] #Channel[stuff] #Channel[stuff] and Nickname[stuff] Nickname[stuff] Nickname[stuff].

The channels are still recognized by mouse hovering and right-click, but the nicknames are not. I believe I recall a time that they were, because it was ever so convenient to right-click somebody and perform an action on them with these outputs. Similarly with '($hotlink(match).type == nick)' matching On Hotlink.

If this can be adjusted to work for nicknames like it does with channels, I'd really appreciate it.
I understand that "[" and "]" are valid nickname characters, but they are also valid channel characters.

* Active in #Chan (5): Nick1[6s] Nick2[13s] Nick3[4m] Nick4[22m] Nick5[57m]
* Idles for Nick (4): #Chan1[1s] #Chan2[43m] #Chan3[1h] #Chan4[5h]
* Stalkers in #Chan (5): Nick1[5] Nick2[4] Nick3[2] Nick4[2] Nick5[2]

etc...

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As far as I know, this has never been possible, at least as far back as v6.35. The parsing for channel names and nick names is very different. Channel name parsing involves checking for a far wider range of delimiters because that is what has worked best in the context of random text. Nick name parsing is far more strict for the same reason. These have both stabilized to where they are over many years.

Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Can you recommend a zero-width nickname boundary or word separator that can hide between the nickname and the [stuff] brackets? I tried several like U+200B $chr(8203) Zero-Width-Space with no love.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The only character you can use in this case is a comma. Other than that, you will need to separate it by an honest-to-goodness space character.

Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Somebody else commented that a tab character also works, but sadly it's represented by a printable box in many fonts.

Okey doke.

Link Copied to Clipboard