mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
jaytea Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
J
ok we have $nick() which handles nick modes, how about a $list() which handles list modes? yes, i realize we already have $iel(), $ibl() and $iil() for the common list modes +ebI, and since they're not only common but some of the only ones in existence this suggestion might be a little redundant

what made me think of this is how modes like +q and +a are often employed as lists by the server and as such, we have no 'easy' way to refer to people on said lists. i can see why $opnick(), $vnick(), $rnick(), etc. were all merged into $nick(), i suppose it doesn't make as much sense to merge the $i?l() identifiers into $list() but i consider it a perfectly logical transition, since it would have the potential to handle any arbitrary list mode that the server might be using

"The only excuse for making a useless script is that one admires it intensely" - Oscar Wilde
B
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
B
I would like to see your suggested feature.

Kind Regards, blink
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
combining those lists into one identifier seems logical to me smile Maybe something like (just off the top of my head):

$ilist(stuff-here,bei)

where ,bei means ban/exception/invite and say, if a number is before the comma, it returns the Nth entry of the list. Like $ilist(0,b) returns the amount of bans and $ilist(1,b) returns the first one on the list, etc etc etc.

Signed smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard