mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#47242 05/09/03 12:37 AM
S
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I have two suggestions featuring the Confirm exit feature.
[*]Beep on confirm exit.

Right, you are probably wondering what I mean on beep on confirm exit, I will show you.
    Code:
    <Script language="JavaScript">
    function ConfirmExit() {
      alert("Are you sure you want to exit mIRC? \nChannel Windows are open.");
    }
    </Script>

<Form>
    <Input tYPE="Button" Value="Confirm Exit" OnClick="ConfirmExit()">
    </Form>

Now, I expect most of you know that sound, if you notice it has the exclamation mark on the alert box from the mIRC 6.1 Confirm Exit. My question is: could you add that sound to the Confirm Exit please?
    [*]Disable the close button [X] in Confirm Exit

Since you can only answer Yes or No to the "Are you sure you want to exit mIRC? Channel Windows are open." Why is the [X] enabled and allowed to be clicked, it doesn't really need to be enabled because, it'd be pointless clicking the [X] when mIRC users could just click "No".
      I am not meaning to sound ungrateful, but it is just a suggestion nonethe less.

#47243 05/09/03 01:30 AM
      S
      Pikka bird
      Pikka bird
      S
      To be honest I think the whole idea of comfirms when exiting/closing anything is rather silly and not needed :tongue:

Sainty @ DALnet
      #47244 05/09/03 01:40 AM
      S
      Hoopy frood
      OP Offline
      Hoopy frood
      S
      Maybe, which is why it can be disabled in Options, however, if you accidently close mIRC, you was probably in an important conversation, your mate giving you their phone number and you are about to store the number but mIRC closes, what if something happened to them, and you couldn't get hold of them, due to an accidental click on the [X]. Maybe silly, but it can help in those situations.

#47245 06/09/03 07:22 AM
      Fjord artisan
      Fjord artisan
      turn logging on

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby

Link Copied to Clipboard