mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
V
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
V
I have found myself very frequently needing to bypass the Perform script when I load up mIRC. It would be nice if there were an option such ass:

When you press and hold [CTRL ][v] during startup, the Perform script will not be executed.

with CTRL being in a combo box with a list of options (CTRL, ALT, SHIFT for example).

Nathan Alden
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
how bout F8 like the computers POST >:D "Run in safe mode"

-KingTomato
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
The user might have an Alias attached to F8

I
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
I
What about making a shortcut with a few commands after the target?

Eg:

2 Shortcuts on the Desktop...

One is labled "mIRC", the other "mIRC - No Perform", the only difference is this:

Both shortcuts are identical, except the Target box in the Shortcut properties...

mIRC = C:\Program Files\mIRC\mIRC.exe
mIRC - No Perform = C:\Program Files\mIRC\mIRC.exe -noperform

What about that? (I forgot what they are called so yeah, sorry if ya don't understand :P)

andy

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Actually, such a hotkey exists... but is not known by many.

To tell the truth, I discovered this on my own one day, and have been using it since to help people who have rogue scripts loaded or multiple instances of mIRC (trojans/drones) running.

You probably know you can break out of a loop by tapping CTRL+BREAK. This actually simply kills the current command being processed, and usually halts the event. However, if you hold CTRL+SCROLLOCK, it will prevent mIRC from processing ANY commands for the entire duration you have those buttons pressed. This goes for ALL instances of mIRC; active, not active, hidden, or loaded under different users.

If you start your computer while holding CTRL+SCROLLOCK, you can rest assured that no drone clients will activate or connect to IRC servers. If you start mIRC while holding CTRL+SCROLLOCK, none of the On Start, On Load or Perform commands will execute either. If you have an internal PC Speaker, you can tell that it's working if you hear a bunch of clicks.

Spread the word on this one, as it solves SO MANY problems with EVIL Scripts. It also solves the problem of EVIL Timers that perform /editbox -a... impeding a user from typing commands. You can instruct the user to hold CTRL+SCROLLOCK while they type //remote off | timers off, and you don't have to worry about all the worm scripts that perform a DELTREE C:\ when it detects the user doing this.

It's the wonder drug that Khaled/Tjerk forgot to document.
If only there was a way to keep CTRL+SCROLLOCK down without having to actually hold it down.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
V
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
V
Hehe I like this idea. Really, both would be a decent option.

I don't want to disable EVERYTHING from firing (I still want to connect to the default server automatically.) I just don't want Perform to execute. The command line option is a good one.

Nathan Alden

Link Copied to Clipboard