Im trying to create a dialog of 3 lists side by side (part of the setup of an enhanced auto-join script) but hitting 1 (or 15 problems). Basically the tables are built as in
Code:
  list 5, 12 28 10 65, check, vsbar
  list 6, 24 28 50 65, vsbar
  list 7, 76 28 10 65, check, vsbar 

The tables look ok until I start populating them, whereby the middle table (6) items do not line up with the corresponding check boxes for each item (tables 5 and 7). They initially do appear to line up but as the list gets longer the middle list loses it, as more items are added the more obvious it looks.
Worse, using option dbu, the table sizes, despite being coded to be the same height, are not, the middle one (6 - text) is shorter, adding the size style option (documented, but not explained - anywhere) to all 3 tables do make them the same size but has unexpected side effects and really illustrates the misalignment of the items.

The problem appears to be down to the height of the individual items whereby a tick box has a 'text object' (the tick) which has the same height as the text height in table 3, but also has a box around it, resulting in the total object heigth is greater than the text height.

Is there any way to change the height of the space within which the text appears.

I had this with text or edit boxes and tick boxes when treated as individual items on another dialog, but that was remedied by changing the size (height) of the text or edit controls. Unfortunately the size parameters for list controls affect the list size, not the size of the items within it/them.

Next problem. Note that each of the tables has a vertical scroll bar. Because the size of the check box lists are limited, the scroll bars are not visible. I have code that effectively matches any movement up or down the list of the central list upon the others - clicking (to select an item) or use of arrow keys (latter was unexpected) work well but the use of the scroll bar doesn't. There appears to be no kind of event that can be caught to deal with it, unless somebody knows better.

It would have been nice if a facility or control such as a list of lists (multi-list ?) existed in mSL, it would (probably) have removed these issues.

Any help would be appreciated and greatfully received.