mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#231308 11/04/11 07:21 PM
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
S
Well I've never used sockets before and learning it from the help files seems to be complicated enough for me to not be able to get this right.

So, I would like to open a socket to monitor a webpage and when the coding on that web has added a code with what I want, I want the script to send me a private message. Problem is, the webpage is different for a person who is logged in and a person who is not logged in so I need to authenticate a login connection as well. Another problem is, it's not just a username/password combination, it's a username/password/captcha combination. After a connection is established with the username/password/captcha, then that's when the monitoring begins. Any help or step-by-step instructions would be great, thanks.

secretply #231310 11/04/11 08:21 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You are going to have a very difficult time making it work if you have to enter a catchpa. Catchpas are designed to make it very difficult (with the goal of being impossible) to automate entering that information. You're probably going to have to find another way to get the information. Perhaps the site owner will consider offering a logged-out version of the data? If not, you are probably not going to be able to do what you want.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard