Print Thread
#220291 10/04/10 07:26 AM
F
Forte Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
F
I recently added the following script to my remote section. However, upon attempting to get it fired, I get the following message:

MSG Unknown Command

When I try to ask people to fire the other events, a similar thing happens, whether the command is notice or timer. I have tried entering these commands manually and they work, the problem only seems to occur when the commands are launched through a remote script. This started to happen after I added the script below:

Code:
on *:text:!story list:#: {
  	notice $nick Eh bro? The list of stories I know of are as follows:
  	notice $nick waffle_kingdom_letter 
  	notice $nick Remember, type !story tell <story name> and I'll tell you all about it on the double, bro!
}

on *:text:!story summary waffle_kingdom_letter:#: {
  	msg $chan It is a time of peace. You are hogging all the spotlight as usual, bro, but suddenly an evil turn of events as given me the spotlight on a new adventure!	
}

on *:text:!story tell waffle_kingdom_letter:#: {
  	set %storytelling $true
  	msg $chan It's a long story bro, but here it goes!
  	timer 1 2 msg $chan My big brother--that's you, Bro--got a letter from Princess Peach and took off.
  	timer 1 4 msg $chan Left behind as usual, I was cooking a snack at home when another letter arrived.  
  	timer 1 6 msg $chan We don't get so much mail, so I was thinking: "Huh?" 
  	timer 1 8 msg $chan This is what the letter said: "Sirs! My name is Crepe. I am a cabinet minister in the far-off Waffle Kingdom. 
  	timer 1 10 msg $chan Our land has been attacked by the Chestnut King, who took our Princess Eclair. 
  	timer 1 12 msg $chan I ask, nay, BEG for your assistance!
  	timer 1 14 msg $chan The Waffle Kingdom needs your skills.  
  	timer 1 16 msg $chan I humbly request your prompt response, sirs. Sincerely, Crepe" ...
  	timer 1 18 msg $chan Well, I don't remember it exactly, but I think it went something like that. 
  	timer 1 20 msg $chan With $nick -- that's you, Bro-- gone, it fell to me to answer this plea! 
  	timer 1 22 msg $chan Hesitating only a teensy bit, I headed to the Waffle Kingdom to investigate.  
  	timer 1 24 msg $chan Oh, no, first I wrote a note to myself about what I was cooking.
  	timer 1 26 msg $chan Then I left. 
  	timer 1 28 msg $chan Once I reached the Waffle Kingdom, I met Minister Crepe, who filled me in. 
  	timer 1 30 msg $chan The Chestnut King had kidnapped Princess Eclair and vanished.
  	timer 1 32 msg $chan Apparently, though, some oracle said a Marvelous Compass could locate her.
  	timer 1 34 msg $chan This Marvelous Compass had been broken into seven parts by an ancient curse...
  	timer 1 36 msg $chan ...and those parts had been scattered across the land. 
  	timer 1 38 msg $chan Can you believe it, Bro?  
  	timer 1 40 msg $chan Each part of the Marvelous Compass was said to point to the next. 
  	timer 1 42 msg $chan And since one of the parts was embedded in the tiara worn by the princess... 
  	timer 1 44 msg $chan I surmised that once I collected all the parts, I'd find her!
  	timer 1 46 msg $chan Smart, huh? 
  	timer 1 48 msg $chan The minister gave me the compass base spoken of in Waffler fables... 
  	timer 1 50 msg $chan When it activated, the entire thing lit right up, indicating the deep south... 
  	timer 1 52 msg $chan It was pointing me toward Rumblebump Volcano on the Pudding Continent!
  	timer 1 54 msg $chan So yeah, here I am!  I'm sailing out of Rogueport for Rumblebump Volcano. 
  	timer 1 56 msg $chan It's probably gonna be pretty dangerous, but... I gotta rescue that princess!
  	set %storytelling $false
}

I even went so far as to reinstall mIRC, but the issue still persists. I also tried checking for brackets and putting // in front of the commands but that failed also. Are there any other options available?

V
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
alias msg quote PRIVMSG $1 $+(:,$2-)

wink

R
RRX Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
R
I saw enough times reported that native mirc commands, like this /msg, threw this error. Sometimes the problem vanishes without apparent reason. If you can still reproduce this, can you open a debug window to see what mirc eventually sends to the irc server? If it does, you see the whole script command there.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Do not use TAB in the script editor. Remove every single TAB and it will work fine. To indent, only use spaces.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard