#210095 04/03/09 05:35 PM
A
Anaris Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
A
Hey there.
I am using mIRC V6.17 and I used the remote tab of the Scripting editor (while leaving one copy of my mIRC open) to create a Bot.

So far it only does few commands. Most of them are TEXT/ACTION based.

I do have some questions on the matter however:

1) I want the Bot to react differently when someone specific tells it something (Must have a certain Nick and also must be registered and identified). Can this be done? If so how?

2)I set my Bot to warn someone when he uses a foul language... However I want it to be able to count first and second offense and on the third kick the offender and message me a log of that offense.

Thanks in advance!

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
First off, I would recommend upgrading to the current version of mIRC, which is 6.35
You can do that by following this link.

Secondly, for your first query, you already have a start using the ON TEXT and ON ACTION events. What you need to add is a comparison to see if the $nick matches the nick that is allowed for the alternative commands/responses.

Lastly (at this point), your second query can be handled the easiest by referring you to sites like Hawkee and have you search the snippets section for a bad word script.
I know there are a few there, but if you don't like any of them (and don't be afraid to try different wording in the search), you can also try sites like mirc.net or mIRC Scripts.org

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:
2)I set my Bot to warn someone when he uses a foul language... However I want it to be able to count first and second offense and on the third kick the offender and message me a log of that offense.

The script below will warn twice before a kick. Once a person is kicked, it will write a text file called kicklog in your mirc directory to save all the kicks you make. (note: The code is served mainly for exemplary purposes, giving you an idea is all.)
Code:
on *:KICK:#: {
hadd -m kicklog $+($knick,$chan,$cid) $knick was kicked by $+($nick,$1-)
write kicklog.txt * $hget(kicklog,$+($knick,$chan,$cid)) | hfree kicklog
}
on *:TEXT:*badword*:#: {
  hinc -m b $nick
  if ($hget(b,$nick) = 1) { msg # $nick $+ , this is your $ord($hget(b,$nick)) offense. }
  if ($hget(b,$nick) = 2) { msg # $nick $+ , this is your $ord($hget(b,$nick)) offense.  }
  if ($hget(b,$nick) > 2) { kick # $nick This is your $ord($hget(b,$nick)) offense. You're out. | hfree b }
}

Link Copied to Clipboard