Print Thread
#194751 11/02/08 04:11 AM
B
bcancer Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
B
Anyone have the code to shown IP and location of the user when they open my web page and send that info in a private window to my script?

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
That would require us to know your webpage and possibly for us to know your login and password assuming your site statistics are private.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Basically, your website would have to track the data. Does it? Then you have to use sockets to retrieve the data on a timed basis (or manually). The socket would have to be set up to access the file the stats are in (including logging in if it's not public).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Originally Posted By: bcancer
Anyone have the code to shown IP and location of the user when they open my web page

So basically to re-answer your question, since we don't know (or have) your webpage, then it would be meaningless to ask that, and so we don't have the code to a webpage we do not know about.

Now, maybe what you requested may have a point if we somehow knew what webpage you were talking about. We would look in your profile. And under your homepage, there is no website. So therefore we would have to *try* to stalk you up a bit in order to find your webpage. Since you don't have it in your profile - I find it almost 100% meaningless to even request. I mean, you need to give us the hint that we could retrieve your website without us asking, such as leaving it in your signature or profile...

But that isn't the case.

-Neal.

B
bcancer Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
B
Ya am using TDStats on my web site. I just wanted to see visitors ip and location that visit or downloads from my web site so its no big deal thx anyway.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As I mentioned, it's possible using the method given. It would not be possible to give you a working script without additional details, of course.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Originally Posted By: bcancer
Ya am using TDStats on my web site. I just wanted to see visitors ip and location that visit or downloads from my web site so its no big deal thx anyway.

What website?

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Oh - you meant *your* website.

I get it now.

How silly of me to ask.

-Neal.

Link Copied to Clipboard