mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
X
Xtibian Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
X
Could you add a op check(so wont ban/kick ops) and also a thing so when the person gets kicked it tells them what they got kicked for.

I'm learning scripting pretty fast but, still a few things I just dont know. lol Also, any tips are welcome. smile

Heres the script

Code:
n0=on *:TEXT:*swearword*:#:{ /ban -ku10 # $nick $nick $+ , Kicked for Inappropriate content, you have a 10 second ban you may rejoin  after. | //write SKickLogs.txt ( $+ $date $+ - $+ $time $+ ) $nick $+ , Kicked for Inappropriate content. [Inappropriate  Content.You have a 10 second ban you may rejoin after. Kicked from channel $chan $+ .]: $1- } 

Also, what is it you do for when you want !<commandname> <name of item> <number> so the command will only work for a name and number you have set(multiple names and numbers) and if its different for just !<commandname> <name> please post.

Thank you

Last edited by Xtibian; 04/09/06 09:05 PM.

Newbie Scripter. Learning pretty fast...lol :P
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
For your first request, I'd recommend replacing your current single line code with this
Code:
 on *:TEXT:*swearword*:#:{
  if ($nick !isop $chan) {
    var %swear = $1-
    ban -ku10 # $nick $nick $+ , Kicked for Inappropriate content, you have a 10 second ban you may rejoin  after.
    write SKickLogs.txt ( $+ $date $+ - $+ $time $+ ) $nick $+ , Kicked from channel $chan $+ .]: $1- %swear
  }
}

Using a single line, like you had, will work, but codes written like that are harder to alter and edit if there's a problem.

For your second request, it would help if you could be more specific as to what it is you want to do with that script.

There's simply too many possibilities for me to even give a simple base response code.

Remember, when requesting a code, the more specific you can be regarding what the code is for, the easier it is for us to write.

X
Xtibian Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
X
Ok, thank you for the tip and thank you for the help on my script.

For my other question, I'm not sure how I can be more specific. So, I'll probably end up saying the same thing but differently. lol

I want the script to work for only the words and numbers that I speficy. !command <word> <number>. So some one has to do !command <1 of the words I speficied> <1 of the numbers I speficify>.

I hope that explained it a bit more.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Your right, you basically just repeated yourself.
What do you want to happen when the command is issued?
Are the word(s) to be compared to other words looking for a match?
What is the number used for?
Is the command to be used in a channel, via pm or either?

That's going to be the minimum information that we need before we can even get started.

X
Xtibian Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
X
The command is a congratz command.

Word arent to be compared. The words are used in the gratz.

The numbers are 1-99 (levels for a game :P)

Used in a channel.

Hope that helped more. lol

Also, thanks for taking the time to help me. smile

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I would've thought that congratz would be slang for congratulations, however, since you refer to 'the gratz' that kind of knocks that idea out. I did a search for gratz using Google, however, nothing that was returned looked like a game.
Initially (after reading your latest post) I thought that the words might be being used as a congratulations message based upon the level of the game that's obtained. However, as per my earlier comment, the fact that the gratz seems to be the game, leaves me wondering.

X
Xtibian Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
X
Oh, sorry to confuse you. Congratz = congratulations.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
OK..as best as I can figure this out, based on what you've told me, it seems like a person should be able to enter a Congratulatory term, which in turn is relayed to a player when they reach certain levels in the game. If this is correct then I'm going to need more information about the game, specifically how the different levels are tracked.

If not, then please clarify, and refrain from using slang terms, as they can make it a lot more difficult to interpret.

X
Xtibian Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
X
It is so once a person reaches a level that person can do the commband which is !level (whatever the skill name is) (what level was reached...number). You cant really track the the levels unless you go and use the highscores. Just want something so when the do !level (the skill name) (number) it will only work for the skills and numbers I have set.

Currently mine is very basic and doesnt sound too good some times as I'm using $2- .

Code:
 on *:TEXT:!level*:#:{
  if ( %flood.var ) halt 
  /set %level $rand(1,4) 
  if (%level == 1) /msg $chan 8,0`%0,8%,7,8`%8,7%,4,7`%7,4%,5,4`%4,5%'1,5`%6 Congratz on your $2- level $nick $+ !1%4,5`%5,4%,7,4`%4,7%'8,7`%7,8%,0,8`%8,0% 
  if (%level == 2) /msg $chan 7*-%GRATZ!!!! $2- level $nick is very nice! :) %-*
  if (%level == 3) /msg $chan 9- 4^ 5% 6# Congratz on your $2- level $nick $+ !6# 5% 4^ 9-
  if (%level == 4) /msg $chan 8,0•0,8•7,8•8,7•4,7•7,4•5,4•4,5•5,1•1,1•9WOW! 4That's a awsome $2- level $nick $+ !1,1•5,1•4,5•5,4•7,4•4,7•8,7•7,8•0,8•8,0•
  floodcheck $cid $nick

} 

Link Copied to Clipboard